District Weekly News
April 15, 2021
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING TONIGHT, THURSDAY, APRIL 15TH
Our next board meeting will be tonight, Thursday, April 15th at 7:00 p.m. Due to the Governor’s executive order limiting indoor capacity to 25% of space capacity, no more than 80 members of the public will be able to attend in-person. To help manage this, please read the following:
- Please note, the meeting will also be online and you can join prior to the start of the meeting by clicking on the following link: https://www.sbschools.org/board_of_education/meetings/agendas__minutes_and_videos. Information on how to join the meeting will also be available on the South Brunswick School District website at www.sbschools.org on the banner.
- Anyone who will be attending in-person must wear a mask at all times and perform a pre-admittance self-evaluation, inclusive of a temperature check at the door. Anyone who does not comply will be turned away at the door.
- We ask that you arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
- The Board will accept public comments in-person and online.
- If you would like to make a public comment at the meeting, please click on the following link to register whether in-person or online. April 15th BOE Registration Link
We hope you can join us virtually at that time.
MAY 28TH EMERGENCY CLOSING DAY STATUS
This year we only needed to use one of our emergency closing days. Therefore, schools will be in session on Tuesday, June 1st.
TAKE YOUR CHILD TO WORK DAY INFORMATION - APRIL 22ND, 2021
NJSLA TESTING UPDATE
Before Spring Break we shared with you that the NJSLA test would begin in May pending a waiver from the US Department of Education. The New Jersey Department of Education has informed us that the NJSLA will not be administered this Spring.
However, the State did not waive the following standardized tests and therefore, they will be administered as planned.
ACCESS for English Language Learners in Kindergarten-Grade 12 (4/5/21-6/11/21)
DLM (Dynamic Learning Maps) for identified students with IEPs in Grades 3-9 &11 (4/5/21-6/11/21)
In September, you will receive additional information about the New Jersey Start Strong Assessments that will be administered in the Fall 2021.
NJ SCHOOL PERFORMANCE REPORTS
The School Performance Reports reflect the NJDOE's extensive efforts to engage with parents, students, and school communities and share the information that is most valuable in providing a picture of overall school performance. Please click here to read a letter for all families regarding release of the 2019-2020 School Performance Reports.
16th Annual Joanne Kerekes Student Art Gallery
For the continued health and safety of our community, the 16th Annual Joanne Kerekes Student Art Gallery will be a virtual event this year, available for viewing on our district website (sbschools.org) Friday, April 30th through the end of the school year.
We are thrilled to continue this annual tradition to celebrate the "best of the best" of our student artists across the district. Even through the challenges of remote and hybrid instruction, they have not stopped creating and their work is nothing short of phenomenal. Join us in celebrating them as well as our art specialists on April 30th. Click here for this year's flyer courtesy of SBHS Senior, Kristina Quiba.
SBSD RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE 2021 BEST COMMUNITIES FOR MUSIC EDUCATION BY THE NAMM Foundation
Thank you and congratulations to our incredible music staff for the outstanding work and unwavering dedication that you do each and every day to engage, inspire, and enlighten our music students. Also, a big shout out to our students for all of their hard work and dedication making our music program the outstanding one that it is.