Knights of literary reads.
Me as a reader
When I learned to read I hated it! My parents had to force me to read and I wasn’t very good. After a while I stared reading more and found some books that I really like. Now I read every free moment I get and love it so much!
My reading goals
Where I am great at reading in my head I am terrible at reading aloud. I hope I can become better at reading out loud so if I become a teacher (which is what I want to be) or a mother I can help children learn to love books.
my favorite books
My favorite books and their authors are the mortal instruments and infernal devices series by Cassandra Clare, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, Percy Jackson by Rick Roridan, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The selection by Kiera Cass, and Maximum Ride by James Patterson.
books I'm reading/ have read.
Right now I’m reading The Fault in Our Stars and really enjoying it! The last thing I read was The Bane Chronicles, The Bane Chronicles is based on a character from the Cassandra Clare books, The Mortal Instruments, and Infernal Devices named Magnus Bane. It’s a lot of Short stories based of his life experiences.
influences on sharon creeches life
- Other writers
- Virginia Wolff
- loved reading
- Karen Hesse
- Christopher Paul Curtis
- Walter Dean Myers
- Karen Cushman
Messeges And Themes By Sharon Creech
- likes her stories to be connected through characters and places
- writes about certain events in her life but mostly fictional
- wants kids to love reading, writing, and school.
Sharon Creech Quotes
- if you get good at one of them chances arer your probably good at the other one as well
- "I learned to write by reading a lot and writing a lot."
- "I wrote a lot of short things for many, many years and I tried all different kinds of styles. Until gradually I had a better sense of what I was good at and how to spin a good story and what sort of stories most interested me."
- "I know that there is a good reason why I must have started that book, and perhaps I'm too stubborn to let it sit in a drawer."
Interesting Facts About Sharon Creech
- spent part of college in Sweden
- came up with the book Walk Two Moons from a fortune cookie fortune in the bottom of her purse.
- favorite childhood book was timber toes
- usually writes books from her own personal experiences
Scholastic. "Sharon Creech Interview." Scolastic. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2015. <http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/sharon-creech-interview-transcript>.
- - -. "Sharon Creech Interview." Scolastic. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Apr. 2015. <http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/sharon-creech-interview-transcript>.