Jobs for DAWGS
The University of Georgia Alumni Career Services
- Register for CareerBeam
- 5 Networking Tips to boost your job search
- UGA Day in Gwinnett- July 15th
- Full-Time Positions
- Aerotek positions
- Government & Nonprofit
- Featured video on Interviewing
Alumni Career Services Spotlight
Register with CareerBeam, a virtual Career Center!
CareerBeam is an online Career Center, offering up to ten assessments that are combined to produce a personalized career profile. The site provides you access to research 15 million organizations, 20 million industry contacts, in-depth industry profiles, detailed occupational intelligence, and companies in over 70 different countries.
What are the benefits?
- Free to UGA Alumni! Available 24/7.
- Create your resume and cover letter using the CareerBeam builder.
- Practice interviewing skills through the Practice Video Interview.
- Create a timeline and to-do list for your job search.
- Explore careers through assessing your interests, skills, values and personality.
- Search for jobs, internships and companies through the site's database.
How do I register?
- Click HERE to get registered!
5 Networking Tips to boost your job search
- Join your regional UGA Alumni Association. With chapters in over a dozen cities and 3 continents, your UGA network can aide in your job search. To find a chapter near you, visit the UGA Alumni Association website.
- Update your LinkedIn profile and get noticed. LinkedIn has more than 3 million companies with company pages and 300+ million users. Updating your profile to reflect your brand is the first step in using LinkedIn to its fullest potential. Not sure how to get started? Check out page 10 our Social Media Guide to create a top notch profile.
- Ask for help. This seems like an obvious networking tool, but you'd be surprised by how few people reach out to their network for help. While you want to avoid asking for a job (instead ask for a reference), no one can help you if they don't know you need help. For some tips on beginning those conversations, check out this great article!
- Get organized. There is nothing worse than forgetting the name of the individual you had a wonderful conversation with at a previous networking event. Forgetting names is an easy thing to do, but don't let this minor screw up affect your network building. Get organized. Buy a journal to keep up with contacts or create an excel spreadsheet to keep your network organized. Make sure to include the name, company, brief conversation reminders and the networking event to stay organized for a flawless follow-up with your new contact. For more excel tips, check out this article!
- Do something different. You've been job searching for 3 months now. You've reached out to your network and your LinkedIn profile looks amazing, yet you are still unemployed. Do something different. The truth is that you need to expand your network. Volunteer with a local community organization, sign up to play softball with your neighborhood league, or reach out to a member on an interest-specific LinkedIn group. The point is to build relationships. Find other ways to build your network rather than merely maintaining your existing network.
UGA Day in Gwinnett
Tuesday, July 15th, 6-8pm
Gwinnett Center, Duluth, GA, United States
UGA Day in Gwinnett will bring President Jere W. Morehead (JD '80), Baseball Coach Scott Stricklin, Basketball Coach Mark Fox, Football Coach Mark Richt and host Chuck Dowdle to your area to share news from campus.
Online Registration by July 8: $20
On-Site Registration: $30
Reserved Table of Ten: $350
Children 6 & Under: Free
Click here to REGISTER and for more detailed information.
**Registration closes Tuesday, July 8th at midnight. Don't miss out on your opportunity for your reduced ticket price!
Jobs and Internships
(This is just a few of the 600+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #53417, Graphic Designer
Northeast Georgia Health System
DAWGLink #49175, Recruiter/Sales Management Trainee
DAWGLink #53366, Finance Reporter
DAWGLink #53279, Accenture Entry Level Software Engineering Associate
AccentureDAWGLink #53328, Political Sales Specialist - Media Sales
Comcast SpotlightDAWGLink #53010, Account Associate
Peach New Media
DAWGLink #52939, AmeriCorps - Leading Edge Institute Program Coordinator
YWCA of Central Alabama (Birmingham)
Terra Strategies is Hiring Field Organizers in Colorado!
Terra Strategies is hiring in Colorado for a large-scale membership mobilization and issue advocacy campaign as part of a campaign it is conducting on behalf of Conservation Colorado. Terra Strategies will be hiring field organizers to recruit and train environmental activists in Denver/Jefferson County, Colorado Springs and Pueblo.
Field organizer positions are full-time, salaried and temporary through August 31st, 2014. Individuals interested in applying or seeking additional information should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Colorado Field Organizer” in the subject line.
Aerotek is currently recruiting UGA Alumni. Check out information about the company and its open positions.
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
Check out Go Government for information about federal jobs, internships, and government resources.
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
To make an appointment:
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS * Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.