Scholarship List for 2016-2017
Updated on 5/18/17
Helpful Articles about Scholarships:
Beware of SCAMS!!! To further educate yourself about the red flags of scholarship scams, please visit this useful link. http://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships/articles/scholarship-scam-red-flags
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):
South Carolina Scholarships and Lottery Opportunities
Newberry College Loan Repayment Promise
Allen University English Department Essay Scholarship
"Aspiring Animation Professional" Scholarship Program
"Aspiring Business Professional" Scholarship
The deadline for scholarship is June 1, 2017.
Got a Spine Scholarship- $500
- Be attending college or university no later than October 2016
- Be on a full time basis during college
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale during their last academic year
Applications can be found here. Deadline is June 2, 2017.
Tywanza Sanders Legacy Foundation Scholarship
- SC High School Senior
- Attending a 4yr college this fall
- Have a 2.5 or higher GPA
- Demonstrate Financial Need
- Submit a short written essay or video essay
Application materials are due by June 9, 2017. Visit the button below for more information.
Abbott and Fenner Business Scholarship
Global Lift Equipment Scholarship- $500
- Be currently attending or planning on attending a post-secondary institution in the US no later than Fall 2017
- Submit a short story. Detailed instructions can be found on the application page
Applications can be found here. Deadline to apply is June 15, 2017.
2017 Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship
- Complete High School by Spring 2017 and attend a non-profit secondary institution by Fall 2017
- Exhibit strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program
- Demonstrate critical financial need (must be eligible to receive Pell Grant by completion of FAFSA)
- Demonstrate perseverance in overcome adversity
- Be involved in community service activities
- Be a US Citizen
To apply for the scholarship, the following must be completed by June 15, 2017.
- An online application at application.horatioalger.org
- A copy of the full Student Aid Report
- Proof of Citizenship
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official.
Deadline - June 19, 2017
Amount of Award - $500.00
The successful applicant will be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute and currently involved in some sport at that institution or in the community..
Please visit our website at http://www.bigsunathletics.com to learn how to apply.
Lift Parts Express Scholarship- $500
- A current senior in high school or
- A freshman or sophomore in College/University
- Enrolled or expected to be enrolled by Fall of 2017
Applications can be found here. Deadline is June 30, 2017.
Nursing Schools Almanac Scholarship
Nursing Schools Almanac has just launched its third annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. Our website will award a $1,000 scholarship to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates:
+ A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics
+ A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare
This scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN / LVN, ADN, and BSN programs. Scholarship applications will be accepted until midnight on June 30, 2017.
Interested students may visit www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com and click the banner on the right-hand side of the website's homepage. Here they'll find detailed scholarship information and the official application form.
We welcome you to include information about our scholarship competition on your school's website. Please feel free to spread the word via social media as well.
Your students may also find our website a helpful starting point for their college search. We provide the Web's most comprehensive and analytical resource for selecting a nursing school. I've included below a link to our research on your state. Feel free to post this among your online college counseling resources if it's helpful:
Houzz Scholarship Program
Houzz is excited to announce the new Houzz Scholarship Program! Their goal is to support the next generation of students studying architecture, interior design, landscape architecture and construction management. We are looking for the best, brightest, and most innovative students in residential design and construction.
Application Deadline: June 30th, 2017
Houzz will award four $2,500 scholarships in the following categories:
- Women in Architecture
- Residential Design
- Sustainable Residential Design
- Residential Construction Management
High school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students 17 years of age or older are invited to apply at houzz.com/scholarships. In addition to submitting a brief essay on their design and architecture influences, students are invited to create a Houzz professional student profile, where they can showcase their portfolio of work and network with more than a million professionals around the world.
Diagnosis Delayed Scholarship- $500
This letter is to inform you of our 2017 scholarship opportunity. The Diagnosis Delayed scholarship is open to all students pursuing a medical or legal degree. Students must be enrolled in a program at the date of application.
- Student must be enrolled in a medical or legal program at the date of application
- US citizen
- No minimum GPA
Application Materials – Please include all of the following materials in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No exceptions will be made for missing items:
- Proof of Enrollment: acceptance letter, current class schedule, etc.
- Unofficial transcript
- A word document containing the following information:
- Program/School attending:
- Short essay – 500 word max describing why you deserve to win the scholarship
*Deadline is August 1, 2017.*