BMS Library Media Center
First Quarter News 2013-2014
Quick Stats for 08/21/13 thru 10/25/13
- 4,251 library items checked out
- 690 individual student visits
- 35 class visits to the library
Classroom Teacher & School Librarian Collaborations
- Library orientations through every Language Arts class on campus!
- Digital citizenship and blogging with Mr. Abernathy's Social Studies classes and Mrs. Mixson's Science classes.
- Science Fair research with 8th grade in Mrs. Whisenant and Ms. Russ' Language Arts classes.
- Using Britannica School Edition to research Columbian Exchange with 6th grade Team Charger.
- Research with Mrs. Valafar's 8th grade Language Arts students.
- Book Pass activity with Ms. Russ, Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Pace and Ms. Taylor's Language Arts classes.
- Sell an element research project with 7th grade in Mrs. Eisele and Mrs. Schuldes' Science classes.
Highlights from the first quarter...
- Joe Burke, Multimedia Production Manager from R2TV worked with our Digital Media Class
- Digital Media class, Yearbook staff, and Electrifying News Show crew field trip to Westwood High School to attend Convergence Media Workshop.
- Fall 2013 Scholastic Book Fair sales totaled $3, 221.19! Thank you BMS families and staff for supporting our library program.
- Reading Bingo Cards with Ms. Smathers and Mrs. Sherman's Special Education classes are a hit!
Digital Media Videos
2013-14 BMS Chromebook Safety Video
BMS Yearbook Ad
BMS News Show Introduction (October)
2013-14 Blythewood Labor Day Run