September News #readytofly
A Note from Mrs. Phillips
We have many great things to share with you from the month of August! I am so excited that we have our routines down and making new friends. Expectations have been set and we are working on identifying our first round of intervention students. Below are some highlights from August:
- Sold 300 boxes of Chocolates for our PTO fundraiser-WOW!
- Students began the Bowman Center Bully Prevention course.
- 5th grade leads the way with 97% attendance rate!
- 1st grade also has a 96% attendance rate!
- We had over 10 people join our first PTO meeting.
- We successfully dismiss an average of 55 cars in 10 minutes with our new QR code system.
- Positive Office Referrals are on the rise and we have many students volunteering their recess to pick up trash and pull weeds. What a great example of our RICHER principles!
We are already half-way through the first quarter. Progress reports will come home for grades 3-6. K-2 will communicate progress via Dojo. We have Parent-Teacher conferences on Oct. 12. During this time, your child's teacher will review NWEA scores and classroom progress.
My goal is to be as transparent as possible as your leader. If there is anything we can do better, please let me know. You can always message me on Dojo, Facebook or Twitter. I am also available by email and phone. I will return your communication within 24 hours. Have a great September!
Important Upcoming Dates:
Sept. 5- Labor Day, No School
Sept. 8-1st Grade Vision Screenings/Mid-term reports go home/Bully Prevention Lessons
Sept. 12- 2nd grade dyslexia screening window opens
Sept. 13- PTO meeting
Sept. 15 & 16- Bookmobile visit
Sept. 27- PTO carnival meeting
Sept. 29-30- Bookmobile
Oct. 4- School Picture Day
Oct. 14- Fall Carnival
Oct. 24-28- Fall Break
Positive Office Referrals for August
September is National Attendance Awareness Month, and Fayette Central classrooms have been challenged!!! An EXTRA RECESS will be awarded to the class with the best overall attendance for the month of September - this includes being at school and also being on time (medically excused absences will not be counted against the class). Hopefully, students will enjoy the friendly competition! Students will be able to see where their class stands by looking at the results displayed on the bulletin board outside of Mrs. McCann’s room. Be sure to ask your child who is in the lead!
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s attendance! You can reach Mrs. McCann at (765) 825-6261 ext. 39230.