Wesley Chapel High School 4/7/21
Message from Mr. McDermott
When do I test?
For questions, email Mrs. Richter mailto:email@example.com
9th grade writing
Thursday, 4/8/21- Ninth Grade 7:26AM traditional students, 11:00AM mySchool Online students
Friday, 4/9/21- Ninth Grade 7:26AM traditional students (Extended Time)
9th and 10th Grade Writing
4/12 and 4/13- 10th grade extended time
4/13 and 4/14- 9th extended time
9th and 10th grade writing make-ups
4/14-4/16- make-ups for FSA 9th and 10th Writing
Dear Class of 2021 Families,
In an effort to keep you informed on upcoming Senior Activities, here is a list of events that will take place in the next few months. In addition, I have included information regarding graduation.
The approved events are:
- Wednesday, May 12 at 4 p.m. Powder Puff Football Game on WCHS Athletic Field
- 1st game Freshmen and Seniors
- 2nd game Sophomores and Juniors
- 3rd game Championship
- Cost is $10 per player or cheerleader
- Admission is $3
- Monday, May 17 at 7 p.m. and staging starts at 6 p.m. PTA Advocacy Group Senior Car Parade at The Lagoon in Wesley Chapel (advertised but not hosted by the school)
- Tuesday, May 18 at 6 p.m. Senior Awards, by invitation, on the WCHS Athletic Field at 50% capacity
- Thursday, May 20 Athletic Awards will be hosted virtually
- Tuesday, May 25 and Wednesday, May 26 Grad Practice during school hours
- Tuesday, May 25 Field Day after grad practice
- Wednesday, May 26 picnic or barbecue on the athletic field after grad practice
- Friday, June 4 at 7 p.m. Class of 2021 Graduation Ceremony on athletic field. Each senior is able to invite four attendees. The graduate and attendees will check in together at the field. There will not be paper tickets distributed. Two will sit on the field with the graduate and two will sit in the stands, practicing social distancing, and masks will be required.
With the exception of the Senior Car Parade, all events will occur on campus. On campus events will require a mask and social distancing. We cannot endorse or support events outside of those happening on our campus. Please call the school if you have any questions at 813-794-8700.
Summer 2021 Dual Enrollment Online Registration & Course Request Worksheet
If your student is in AP U.S. History or DE US History, please see below.
Emergency Card Information and Directions (Please read)
Parents, we currently have over 600 emergency cards that have not been updated. If you have not updated your student's emergency card, please download the step-by-step instructions below for completing the emergency card. If you have questions or need assistance, please email myStudenthelp@pasco.k12.fl.us.
Extended School Day
Need extra help in English or Math?
Students must have their first and last name on their zoom as well as have their video on.
Class of 2021 Graduation is June 4 at 7 pm at WCHS. If you have not ordered your cap and gown, you can order through the link below
Graduation is scheduled for June 4, 2021 at Wesley Chapel High School. Don't be left out, make sure you have your cap and gown. Information on other senior activities will be announced when finalized.Click here to order your cap and gown. Students' senior fees are now available for payment through myStudent.
Pay senior fees here
Prevention Methods for COVID-19
Please support our efforts to keep our students and staff healthy. Screen your student daily using the Student Screener and contact a medical provider for further guidance if your student develops symptoms or you need medical guidance. COVID-19 testing is available in the community. Contact the school nurse (RN) or administrator immediately if your student receives a positive COVID-19 test result.
Prevention measures for COVID-19:
o The best way to prevent illness is by limiting exposure to the virus.
o Maintain proper social distancing (about 6 feet).
o Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
o If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
o Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
o Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others.
Herff Jones 2021 Graduation ordering guide
Vote for April Staff Member of the Month
Vote below for the STAFF Member of the Month! Don’t forget to tell us why they deserve a special treat! The staff member that wins will get a gift certificate to Glory Days and have their picture presented on the digital board in the restaurant.
Please vote for your favorite Teacher/Staff member now.
WCHS ABC Program
If your family needs supports or any needs from the WCHS ABC program, please fill out the following form. If you would like more information about the ABC program, the flyer is attached and/or call Iris Garcia in the front office, 813-794-8702.
How to create a parent portal account in myStudent
College Application Process
Let's "meet" to discuss your plans! All grade levels!
Do you need help figuring out your next step? Do you have questions about the college application process? Are you wondering where you stand for your GPA and test scores for admission? Would you like to discuss trades, careers, or military service? Are you interested in seeing what you can do now to help yourself later? Email Mrs. Faysash at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can design a personalized plan for you!
When to Wear a Cloth Face Covering (Mask)
· The school district requires that all students, visitors, and employees wear a mask or other face covering while on school property and/or engaged in school activities, including outdoors when unable to maintain a distance.
· If you are a car rider, you should apply your face covering when you arrive at school before exiting your car in the parking lot.
· If you are a bus rider you should apply your face covering when you arrive at the bus stop. Face masks will be required on school buses.
When can I remove my Cloth Face Covering (Mask)
· You can remove your face covering when you are outdoors and able to maintain at least a safe distance from others, and at end of the day after you have exited the building.
· You can remove your face covering during meal and snack times. To the extent possible, maintain a 6 ft distance from others when you have your mask off.
· If occupying an office space by yourself, you can also safely remove your mask but should be ready to reapply as soon as others approach you.