St. John Vianney Christmas Eve Mass
Updates and details for families participating in mass
Rehearsing for Christmas Eve Mass
SUNDAY - DECEMBER 21, 2014 from 12:30 - 2:30 pm is ONLY for the following:
- ALL READERS AND LECTORS (Sydney Bridges, Elli Sekelsky, Emma Coggins, Paddy Mulqueen, Declan Mulqueen and Sean Mulqueen)
- MARY, JOSEPH and Baby Jesus (Alex McEnrue, Carson Garder, Issac McEnrue)
- HOLY FAMILY ANGEL (Lauren Taylor)
TUESDAY - DECEMBER 23, 2014 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm for:
- ALL PARTCIPANTS in the entire Christmas Eve mass including: Readers, Main Characters, Supporting Characters, Shepherds, Angels and Choir Members. This is a change in the original time due to a funeral mass that will be held at St. John Vianney on Tuesday morning.
Participants who are unable to attend the one and only rehearsal for Christmas Eve Mass will be unable to participate in the program.
Role Assignments for Christmas Eve Mass Participants
By clicking on the link below, those involved can view what roles have been assigned to which participant.
There are still roles open for members of the Christmas Eve Choir who will work with Mrs. Marcy Forsleff, vocal music director at Powers High School and her husband, Mr. Matt Forsleff, instrumental/orchestra director at Flushing High School. If there are new people who would like to participate this year, this would be a great addition to the Christmas Eve Choir. All other roles have been assigned.
We look forward to a memorable and spiritually uplifting celebration this year with outstanding participation from families with a "sold out" congregation for this most special mass.
Christmas Eve Nativity Costume Information
- Holy Family Angel
- Gold King
- Kneeling King
- Silver King
- Lead Shepherd Girl
- Young Shepherd with Stick/Basket
- Shepherd with plate of food
- Grandfather Shepherd with Lamb (Lamb provided)
- Father Shepherd
- Son of Father Shepherd
- Partial Costumes will be available for the following animals: Donkey, Camel, Baby Cow, Dove and Lamb
- Families with participants assigned to roles as part of the Field of Shepherds and Flight of Angels are requested to furnish their own costumes. Partial pieces (angel wings, gowns and tunics) can be created at home or purchased at Party City at two locations: Miller Road (near Target and JoAnn Fabric) and Center Road (Near T.J. Maxx and Target)
- Readers and Lectors are asked to dress-up (Dress slacks, shirts and ties for boys, dress slacks and blouse, skirt and blouse or dresses for girls)
Below are pictures of angels and shepherds "in costume" from recent years.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
If there are 2-4 parents who would be willing to assist in supervision of the children prior to mass and through the re-enactment of the Gospel, this would be very helpful.
Contact Martin Jennings at email@example.com if you are able to assist in this way.