Successful November Debate Academy!
Reflections from Debaters
A few months ago, I did my first debate class. Since then, I've loved it!
Debating helps me develop skills such as seeing other points of view, public speaking, and thinking outside the box. I love all of the classes, but enjoy the British Parliamentary style because it challenges me! I look forward to learning more about debate and making my speeches clear and well-structured.
I would definitely recommend debate to a friend. I'm so glad I discovered this new passion!
Home School Debater
Our online programming has exceeded our expectations and has come with unexpected added expenses.
Please consider a gift to support SEDA's virtual programming for Saskatchewan youth.
We thank you for your generosity!
November 7th British Parliamentary Tournament
The three motions were:
This house regrets the development of facial recognition software/technology
This house would ban companies from collecting user-level data for the purpose of advertising
This house would require internet and communications corporations to provide personal information to police
Thank you to all our volunteer judges who made this event possible.
- Isabelle M, Bedford Road Collegiate
- Saharo B, Aden Bowman Collegiate
- Lucas T, Walter Murray Collegiate
- Isabelle M & Mahrukh H, Bedford Road Collegiate
- Sahasro B & Lucas T, Aden Bowman Collegiate/Walter Murray Collegiate
- Louis P.D & Lucas L, Greystone Heights
National Public Speaking Championships
The National Public Speaking Championships will be hosted online by St. John’s-Ravenscourt School, Winnipeg Manitoba from February 5th to 7th 2021.
This is a high school tournament consisting of four events: impromptu speaking, persuasive speaking, interpretive reading, and parliamentary debating.
SEDA will provide preparation workshops for those interested. More details are provided on our website HERE.
November 28th Elementary Tournament
Thank you to all our volunteer judges who came out to judge our grade five to eight students!
- Lucas L, Greystone Heights School
- Abinhav M, Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- Samuel W, Greystone Heights School
- Lucas L & Samuel W, Greystone Heights School
- Abhinav M & Lucas B, Dr. John G. Egnatoff School/Silverspring School
- Afrukhta S & Jotiraditya G, Greystone Heights School/Dr. John G. Egnatoff School