World Languages Webinar Series
2 session webinar series beginning March 4
Writing in the World Language Classroom
The Written Word: Where There Are Words, There is Magic!
The two virtual sessions in Adobe Connect are from 4 - 6 PM. Additionally participants are expected to complete 3 hours of work on the Moodle assignments.
This blended learning workshop series is designed to:
• Explore writing as a process and for a purpose
• Develop an understanding of the national and state world language standards for writing
• Compare world language and common core standards for English Language Arts
• Explore writing tasks and strategies in the world language classroom
• Examine the connection between reading and writing
Who Should Participate?
K-12 World Language Teachers
$40.00 for entire series
You MUST attend both sessions and complete all assignments to earn SCECHs (7 in total).
Blended Learning Series Schedule:
Sessions facilitated by Dr. Anne Nerenz, Eastern Michigan University
Session 1: Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Introduction to Writing in the World Language Classroom
- Letters and Characters
- Words and Groups of Words
-Follow up assignments due by March 8 and 10, 2015
Session 2: Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Discussion of alignment of documents and activities from Session 1
- Formulaic Phrases and Writing Sentences
-Follow up assignments due by March 15, 18, 22, 25 and 29, 2015