WPS Benefits News
September 2023 Edition
In This Issue:
- Benefits Open Enrollment Dates
- 2023 Fall Pre-Retirement Seminars with KPERS
- 2023 Universal Availability Annual Notice: 403(b) and 457(b) plans
- Pay it Forward: Share Your Testimonial
- Hootie''s New Look
- Employee Benefits: Who We Are & How We Can Help You
BENEFITS OPEN ENROLLMENT AROUND THE CORNER
Mark your calendars now for Annual Benefits Open Enrollment for Friday, October 20, 2023 - Friday, November 3, 2023.
More details will begin to come out in late September, and Open Enrollment Benefits Guides should begin arriving in your homes by early October. Here are some early details we can share now:
- No plan changes: Medical, dental, and vision plans will remain the same.
- No rate changes!! No increases were made in any of the plan premiums.
- Simplified wellness points! Remember, please do not upload documentation. You will be asked a question at the time of enrollment to tell us if you met the wellness criterion. We made it simple for you AND us this year. Even if items are not showing up on the bswift wellness screen for you, you can still answer the question as "yes" if you know you have met the criterion. Only if you are audited post-enrollment and we are not able to verify your services through reporting will we contact you to request documentation.
More to come, so keep an eye on your inboxes and mailboxes. We listened to your feedback on our Open Enrollment Survey last year and have taken much of that into account with our planning for this year.
2023 FALL PRE-RETIREMENT SEMINARS WITH KPERS
Thinking about retirement within the next five years but want more information?
KPERS will be hosting retirement seminars at locations throughout the state, including Wichita, beginning on September 20, 2023. These are at no cost to you. Sessions will take place in the evening from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM.
Topics covered will include:
- Life insurance
- Choosing a retirement date
- How to calculate your retirement benefit
- Working after retirement
- Steps in the retirement process
- Payment options to choose from
Source: www.kpers.org, Toll-free (888)275-5737
2023 UNIVERSAL AVAILABILITY ANNUAL NOTICE: 403(b) & 457(b) PLANS
The link below contains information provided by the District's Director of Budgeting, Addi Lowell. A paper copy will be distributed this month by interschool mail, but Employee Benefits is doing our part to help Budgeting promote financial well-being, a key component of your overall health! Check this link out to understand your options through the 403(b) plan and the 457(b) plan.
PAY IT FORWARD: SHARE YOUR TESTIMONIAL
If you are willing to share a testimonial or experience you have had with any of our benefits or a positive experience you feel could help others, we would be happy to hear from you and feature your story, even anonymously if you wish. These are the ways we spread the word about the vast offerings our benefits really provide. Your insight could provide value to someone else. We would also love to meet you and hear about your your benefits experience.
Examples could include interactions with our EAP program including financial wellness or research, saving money through the flexible spending account, your experience with Teladoc or Doctor on Demand, or maybe a benefit you found out about you did not even know you had!
Please reach out to us at either email@example.com
HOOTIE'S NEW LOOK
If you don't know who Hootie is, it is time you gave a hoot! Our friendly owl mascot was created to be a fun feature to provide you helpful benefit tips and wise advice on how to save money and maximize the benefits the district provides. We felt it was time Hootie had a fresh look just in time for the new school year.
Team members Sandra Cruz and Nathan Werner helped make that happen with Gina Wiedemann leading that project. With their creativity, including a customized Benefits t-shirt, our benefits broker IMA helped us bring Hootie to life. We hope you enjoy Hootie 2.0. You may just see a life-sized Hootie at an event near you. Hootie will be around to bring you all the Open Enrollment news around the corner. Hoot Hoot!
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: WHO WE ARE & HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
- Administration of employee and retiree health plan which includes medical, dental, vision, pharmacy benefits, and flexible spending accounts
- Annual open enrollment
- firstname.lastname@example.org (316)973-4564
- Serves as the district retirement liaison
- Acts as the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS) designated agent for USD 259
- email@example.com (316)973-4590
- District life insurance & supplemental life insurance
- New hire benefits enrollment
- Annual open enrollment
- Budget tracking assistance for department
- firstname.lastname@example.org (316)973-4522
- Certified staff contact for Medical Leave
- Certified staff contact for FMLA
- Certified staff contact for Maternity/Parental/Adoptive Leave
- Unpaid Health Leave of Absences
- email@example.com (316)973-4632
- Classified staff contact for Medical Leave
- Classified staff contact for FMLA
- Classified staff contact for Maternity/Parental/Adoptive Leave
- firstname.lastname@example.org (316)973-4458
Workers' Compensation Technician
- Administering all aspects of the district's Workers' Compensation program
- Authorization and coordination of care as directed by Kansas State Statutes under the KS Department of Labor
- email@example.com (316)973-4579
Workers' Compensation Claims Assistant
- Providing support to the Workers' Compensation program in timely and accurate assistance in claims processing of employee claims in accordance with best practices and state regulations
- firstname.lastname@example.org S(316)973-4504
Risk Compliance Analyst
- Property & Casualty Insurance Claims related to damage to district property and buildings
- Risk Analysis
- Bodily Injury Claims for Students & Members of Public
- email@example.com (316)973-4566
Supervisor of Employee Health, Wellness & Disability Programs
- Supervising Workers' Compensation, FMLA and Medical Leave Programs
- Managing mandatory referrals to, and promotion of, ComPsych EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Administration of Catastrophic Leave Pool and benefit applications
- firstname.lastname@example.org (316)973-4737
Manager of Employee Benefits & Insurance Management
- Facilitating strategic goals that bring competitive and diverse benefit choices to USD 259 employees
- Developing communications and educational resources for employees to help them become independent consumers of their own benefits
- Overseeing multiple benefit specialty areas for the district and managing a team of subject matter experts
- Aligning benefit offerings with district mission and vision
- email@example.com (316)973-4561
WISE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS MASCOT
- Help employees become independent consumers of their own benefits
- Guide employees on how to maximize usage of benefits and minimize financial impact
- Educate employees on where to find and how to access the benefits information needed to make their work and personal lives better
- firstname.lastname@example.org (316)973-4581