Monroe Elementary News
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
Dear ME Family,
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure we live out our school's mission in order to achieve our vision.
Mission: Monroe Elementary empowers all students to reach their highest potential: socially, emotionally, and academically.
Vision: We will create an encouraging, safe, collaborative community to ensure high expectations, strong relationships, and purposeful learning for every student, everyday.
Please read this newsletter carefully as it contains important information about upcoming events. As always, if you have further questions, feel free to call us at 641-259-2314.
Hybrid Model A/B Lists
The list of students/families for our Hybrid A/B model was sent via email through Infinite Campus this morning. It is our hope that we will not need to employ this hybrid model, but should the need arise, we want families to be ready and prepared.
A List: On-site Tuesdays and Thursdays
B List: On-site Wednesdays and Fridays
Again, please make note, at this time we ARE NOT implementing a hybrid learning model in the PCM district. We are just sharing this information so that you can make arrangements for child care and supervision should the need arise.
*We tried our best to keep families on the same day. If you notice a discrepancy, please call the ME office. In addition, if you are unable to access the list, please call the office.
Late Start Mondays
Thank you for allowing PCM staff the opportunity to collaborate with one another during our late start Mondays. This time will be extremely valuable and will have a huge impact on student learning.
Here are some reminders regarding the 90 minute late start schedule:
- Students are NOT TO COME TO SCHOOL before 9:10 a.m.
- Breakfast begins at 9:10 a.m.
- There will NOT be supervision until 9:10 a.m
- The school day begins at 9:35 am
- No Preschool on Mondays
If your child is going to be absent or is going to be late to school please call Cathy at 641-259-2314 by 8:30 am. After 8:30, secretaries call parents to check on children not at school. Please have any messages that need to be given to your child to the school by 2:00 pm so we can make sure they receive the message.
It is important that you call the office this year instead of reaching out to your student's teacher. Thank you for your cooperation!
With the start of each new school year there can be a mix of emotions, some pleasant and some uncomfortable. Please feel free to reiterate to your student that I am always available to help at school. If you ever have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me as well via phone or through email.
- Cycle 2- During our next cycle we will be working on identifying the size of our problems, how to solve small problems on our own in an appropriate way, and discuss what the difference between small, medium, and large problems are. I will be relating problems to different weather patterns to help students understand this concept. Please see the graphic below for reference.
- Cycle 3- I will be giving our annual bullying and harassment presentation during cycle 3. Please be looking for a letter coming home with each student within the next few weeks providing more information on this. This presentation is required by our school district. If you do not want your child to hear this presentation, please contact Mrs. DeHaai in the office to let us know.
Back to School Read Alouds and Popsicles with Ms. Braida
PTA's Teacher's Lounge Makeover
Monroe Elementary PTA
Ever wonder what the PTA is all about?
Come and find out!
Our first meeting will be September 14th, at 5:30 p.m.
Meetings will be held on the 2nd Monday of the month at 5:30 in the ME Library.
September Upcoming Dates
Important Upcoming Dates
September 7th- No School Labor Day
September 8th- First Day of Prek
September 14th- PTA 5:30 @ ME Library
September 15th- School Pictures