Glenholme School Newsletter
Week 6, Term 2, Thursday 10th June 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa
We currently have five Intervention Programmes which we receive funding for from from the Ngati Whakaue Education Endowment Trust Board (NWEETB) and the Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust (RECT).
5 Year Old Literacy Intervention Programme
Year 3 and 4 Maths Intervention Programme
Toe by Toe Programme
Extension Reading Programme ‘Book Club’
This term our new extension reading programme has been added to the interventions. Tamariki from Year 5 and Year 6 have been selected to work with Angie Brierley four mornings a week in a Book Club. Whaea Susan has put together a programme which gives the tamarki the opportunity to develop their expertise in interpreting and responding to ideas, information, and experiences in literacy texts as a group. Everyone in the group has a different role as they work together using the same text.
Thank you to Ngati Whakaue Education Endowment Trust Board and Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust for their ongoing support of our school.
Glenholme School Rippa Rugby 2021
Glenholme School F.O.T.S. Spelling Bee 2021
- Every child who returns their named sponsorship card and money (from sponsors or from donations) will be entered into the draw.
- Prizes will be drawn for each team plus several other draws!
- Prizes include: major prize a 7" tablet, movie tickets, vouchers to local attractions, and many more.
All monies must be returned by 2nd July to go into the prize draw.
Week 10 prizes will be drawn at school assembly.
- Photolife Sports Team Photos - Thursday 17th June
- Board of Trustees Meeting - Tuesday 22nd June
- End of Term 2 - Friday 9th July
- Start of Term 3 - Monday 26th July
- Academic Achievement Discussions - 4th-5th August
- School Production - 29th September
- School Production - 30th September
- End of Term 3 - 1st October