because people arin't perfect
What is it??
Symptoms of this disorder??
- If you don't know if you have this you can watch out for
- -Delayed development
- -poor bone strength
- -Behavioral, emotional, and social problems
- -Skin rashes (eczema)
- -Abnormally small head
- -Stunted growth
- -distinct odor in breath, skin, or urine ( described as musty)
- -Lighter shin, hair, eye color then other family members
- -less active
- -lower levels of Melanin
- -irritability and muscle stiffness
life with this??
How is this caused??
the 12th Chromosome
The only one that is affected.
the highlighted spot shows where it says that you have PKU.
how is it passed down
Not everyone can get is. Only the lucky one will
- You'll have to ask your doctor on how to get the specially processed food and coolers( a type of formula).
- People with this disorder can't have a lot of: milk, cheese, nuts, and meat because they are high in protein.
- If not treated properly, it can cause brain retardation and severe nerve damage.
- PKU stands for an inherited inability to metabolize Phenylalanine that causes brain and nerve damage if not treated.
Someone who has this??
There's a little boy that has the disorder. His name is Cody Powell and he is 11 now. He is my brother back home. Other then this disorder, he is just like the average kid but there's only one problem he can have any food that is high in protein like: milk, cheese, nuts, and meat. His disorder caused him to have anger issues, development problems, and lower levels of melanin. When a normal kid gets dressed, they know what matches and what doesn't. He doesn't; he just knows how to put it on. When he was younger, he was put on a certain formula that helped level out his protein. He also had to have differently processed food from the rest of our family. He is still loved and that is all that matters. His disorder is being treated and he is a happy, healthy little boy.