2013 Quarterly Report (Jan-March)
- MovieMaker to Valentino's Spanish classes
- Library research and databases to Earp, Spence, and Tapscott's English classes
- Clicker training for departments during Koonce's ELL workshop
- Clicker training for Manning to use with Geography classes
- Pulled books for Debrock's projects on mammals, acquatic creatures, and poetry
- Pulled cultural art books for Hart and Cruz's culture projects
- Collected links for English III AP essays and created research page on Rebels Library
- Downloaded videos from Discovery Streaming for science teachers
- Provided PowerPoint for O'Dell to help students learn to evaluate resources
- Pulled books for Earp's controversial issues research project
- Researched books for O'Dell to use for her Literary Canon research project
- Pulled travel books for Greer's travel speeches
- Lauren attended meetings for the HHS academic awards committee to recognize students at the first annual awards ceremony.
- Lauren led 8th grade tours for two days in February.
- Librarians hosted a luncheon for Social Studies teachers to show them library resources and get their input on selection and deselection of materials.
- Wrote grant for PTSA Wishlist for Google Chromebooks and received $200 toward the purchase of one for next year.
Novels in Highest Demand
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- The Kite Runner by Khaleed Hosseini
- Warm Bodies: A Novel by Ian Marion
Research and Statistics
Collection and Catalog (Spring 2013)
- Added 493 new books to the collection.
- Added 218 downloadable e-books to the collection.
- Added new DVDs to collection, based on teacher requests.
- Removed 670 outdated and/or uncirculating books from collection.
- Fixed incorrectly merged records in catalog (ongoing).
- Kathy added volume numbers to series fiction in catalog and worked with student aides to add corresponding stickers to books.
Conferences and Trainings
- Lauren and Nancy attended the Texas Computer Educator Association (TCEA) Conference in Austin.
- Lauren attended district training for Google Apps, EduCreations, and iPad apps.
- Nancy organized monthly library business meetings and district Library PLCs.
- Lauren attended monthly librarian business meetings and district PLCs.
- Lauren attended weekly department chair meetings.