Week 4 - Sept. 15 - 19
Jesica Chavira - STACC Aide
Galyla McClain - LIFE/STACC Aide
Nehemiah Ford - PE Aide
We have submitted candidates for our Resource Aide and Office Aide openings. We hope to be able to introduce them to you very soon!
1st grade teachers' Affinity Diagram
What do we hope to accomplish this school year?
Mrs. Stanford's class Affinity Diagram
What do we like to do for fun?
Mrs. King's class Affinity Diagram
What types of books do we like to read?
* Lights off (don't assume they will go off on their own)
* Projector off
* Monitor shut down and turned off
* Blinds to outside closed
* Classroom door closed and locked
* Be positive! For many this is your first time to truly discuss your students with their parents. Share all the wonderful things you have discovered about their child!
* We have done a lot of testing this month. Ensure all assessments are completed prior to holding conferences so that you are able to give thorough and accurate information to parents.
* You should do your BEST to hold face to face conferences.
* Use this one-on-one time to LISTEN to your families. What are their expectations for the year? What are their goals for their children?
* All conference should be documented in AWARE.
* You are responsible for meeting your parents at the front door for after school conferences. We cannot guarantee there will be someone available to let them in.
RES BINGO Night
Thursday, Sep. 18th, 5:30-7:30pm
RES Cafetereia and Gym
Constitution Day and Celebrate Freedom Week
Reminder: Constitution Day is Wednesday, September 17, 2014. Celebrate Freedom Week is that same week.
According to EHBK(Legal):
The district will observe Constitution Day and Celebrate Freedom Week by appropriate programs, celebrations, and activities.
For more information and ideas on how to observe Constitution Day, the US Department of Education developed a resource page on its website last year, which can be found at: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/fund/guid/constitutionday.html. Other resources are available in Forethought.
APEX Fun Run Teacher Huddle - required meeting
Monday, Sep. 22nd, 3:30-4:30pm
This week at Ridgeview
* Generation Texas Week activities (see email from Sara)
* Take the First STEP Together Challenge (see email from Sue)
Monday, Sept. 15
* Grade level data talks (large conference room)
* Sara Moltenbrey out PM
* Heather Hord's baby shower, 3:30, downstairs library
Tuesday, Sept. 16
* Lockdown drill - 1:40 PM
Wednesday, Sept. 17
* Constitution Day - activities in classroom (document in lesson plans)
* Becky out all day at Principal Meeting
Thursday, Sept. 18
* Sara Moltenbrey out AM
* Grade Level Chair meeting, 3:30, large conference room
* BINGO Night - 5:30
Friday, Sept. 19
* Wear a college shirt day (staff and students)
* Food for the Soul