Newsletter 21st June 2022
Levin East School
Kia ora tātou,
Firstly a huge thank you for your understanding as we try to maintain consistent staffing across the school. Sometimes this is beyond our control, and while it is not our preferred option, we must make some last-minute changes. We have an excellent staff and a group of relievers who fit well. Our children are well cared for and their learning continues.
Speaking of staffing, in Term 3 we will be welcoming two new staff. Whaea Jenn Perkin will take on the Room 21 teaching role when Whaea Emma takes parental leave, and Miss Erin Smith will take on the Room 5 role - Miss Comeskey also taking parental leave.
Also on the staffing topic, thank you from the Board to those who have completed the survey around what you value in your next principal. The Board continue to work in this space and the position will be advertised next term.
A quick note that we will be holding a lockdown drill on Thursday as part of our regular health and safety practices. This will be discussed with our tamariki so they are aware of the reason we practise and their responsibilities during that time.
Finally, what a wonderful opportunity we have this week to celebrate Matariki. There are many activities happening at school and in the community. I will be keen to hear the celebration stories from our tamariki next Monday. Mānawatia a Matariki.
Have a great week, and stay safe, warm and well.
Also, if you have any pants or trackies for children 8 and under that you could donate to us, we would really appreciate it.
BOARD OF TRUSTEE ELECTIONS
- Friday 24th June: Matariki Holiday (School closed)
- Monday 27th June: Board of Trustees hui 6:00pm
- Tuesday 28th June: Waiopehu College WHAT Show (Māhuri and Te Whanake)
- Wednesday 29th June: Interschool Swimming Carnival (9:30 - 12:30)
- Friday 1st July: Kapahaka performance at te Takeretanga o kura-hau-pō (evening)
- Monday 4th July: Teacher Only Day - school closed for 3-way conferences
- Tuesday 5th July: 3-way conferences after school
- Thursday 7th July: WHanau House Movie and Popcorn celebration
- Friday 8th July: Term 2 ends (2:50pm - normal time)
- Monday 25th July: Term 3 starts (pōwhiri at 9:15am)
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
If your child/ren are absent from school please let us know by either:
Telephoning the office on 06 3687494 and leaving a message on the absence line.
Texting: 021 1286225 or via the Levin East School App
Wild Rose Florist
LZ Tech Services