This Week at Spencer...
November 16, 2015
Mark Your Calendars
Pennies for Patients
Math and Science CBA's for 2nd - 4th grades
4th Grade Musical Performance, 6:00 @ Willie Pigg Auditorium
November 23 - 27
Thanksgiving Holiday - no school
Morning Drop Off
Pennies for Patients
This week is the last week to donate...Thank you to all who have already donated to this great cause! We are a little behind our goal this year! Please gather all that loose change between the couch cushions and send it to school for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Pennies for Patients Program....Boys are slightly ahead, and I know the girls are looking for an opportunity to edge them out! Remember you can donate online with the link below! Every penny counts.
Veterans Day Basketball Game
Thanks to all who attended this fun and exciting event!
Crossing Guard Update
Dear Spencer Families,
Last week I met with representatives from both the MISD and Grand Prairie Police Departments to discuss the need for crossing guards along Meseta.
At this time:
- A crossing guard will remain at the intersection of S. Camino Lagos and Meseta.
- A crossing guard will be placed at the intersection of Meseta and Portillo.
- Stop signs have been placed at the intersection of Meseta and Portillo in an effort to slow vehicle traffic.
- Once construction has concluded along Meseta, Grand Prairie PD will reevaluate the need for a crossing guard at both intersections.
- A Spencer parent has applied for the crossing guard position at Meseta and Portillo. Thank you, Mrs. Gonzalez!!!
In the meantime:
- Please model safe behavior for your children by using the crosswalks when walking to and from school.
- Speed bumps will be installed in the parent drive-thru behind the school near the playground. I will send out email updates about the time frame for these installations.
Thank you for working with us to help keep our students safe while walking to and from school!
Robyn Rinearson, Principal
Cora Spencer Elementary
Changes to 2015-2016 MISD Calendar
- April 15 is now a student holiday (full day) and employee professional development day (full day).It was previously an early release day and staff development day.
- June 1 is now the last day of school for students (full day).
- June 2 is now a Teacher Work Day.
For more details, visit:
Join Mrs. Rinearson's Remind Text Group To Receive Up-to-date Information About What's Going on at Spencer
Cora Spencer Elementary School
Grand Prairie, TX 75054