Don't Miss Out!
Plan for next year and earn credit at the same time!
DOMINICAN UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
Dominican University of California's Summer Curriculum Course, EDUX 9930 Developing Curriculum to Engage all Learners, is the solution for teachers who spend extensive and intensive hours in the summer preparing for the upcoming school year.
Teachers strive to create lessons that effectively engage students, which requires time beyond what is allotted during the traditional school day. With the support of a Dominican University instructor, teachers will have the time to research, process and delve deeper into their curriculum and start the year off fully prepared. This course provides a great opportunity to work directly with your grade level or content area teams when you enroll together.
Go online and click on EDUX 9930 (for Teachers) or EDUX 9935 (for Administrators).
Once you have officially registered, you may start 'logging development hours' beginning May 1. All logged hours must be work preparing for the upcoming school year.
What Can You Accomplish:
- Update and incorporate your technology!
- Align your curricula to the CCSS or your State Standards!
- Focus on learning and integrating new programs!
- Become acquainted at a deeper level with your literature and subject matter!
- Get organized: redesign your classroom environment and prepare projects!
- And ... anything else that helps you to be a more effective teacher!
DATE TO REMEMBER
- June 30 - Deadline to register
Log the hours that you spend working on what you need to do for next year:
- 50 hours earns 2 graduate credits ($250)
- 75 hours earns 3 graduate credits ($375)
- 100 hours earns 4 graduate credits ($495)
- 125 hours earns 5 graduate credits ($595)
- 150 hours earns 6 graduate credits ($695)
- Attend an Orientation Meeting*
- Complete & Submit the 'Your Plan' Form
- Keep a log of your hours Complete Summary & Evaluation Paper
- Meet with Instructor for Exit Interview
You must have the following at the Exit Interview: Log of hours, Summary and Evaluation paper, and evidence of your work. (evidence is to review not to turn in)
*Can't Make the Scheduled Orientation Meeting?*
No worries, simply watch the orientation video online and contact Mary Robinson for more details!
ORIENTATION MEETINGS: (Choose ONE Location to Attend)
FREMONT: May 24 @10:00am
Main Street Education & Administration Center - 130 East 9th Street - Room #A360
COLUMBUS: May 25 @10:00am
Educational Service Unit 7 - 2657 44th Avenue - Maple Room
NORFOLK: May 25 @1:00pm
Norfolk Public Library - 308 Prospect Avenue - Board Room
OMAHA: May 26 @10:00am
OPS Teacher Administrative Center (TAC) - 3215 Cuming St - Board Dining Room #5-159
*Schedule an Orientation/Informational Meeting in Your Area Now *
Are you interested in an Orientation/Informational Meeting at your school? If you and your friends/colleagues are interested please contact me, Mary Robinson - PDC, about coming to your school. Spots are filling up fast, so schedule now.
Thank you in advance for passing along this great opportunity to your colleagues!
Email or Call Your Regional Associate:
Fremont Public Schools - Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Certified Orientation & Mobility Specialist
Dominican University of California Associate
Nebraska Professional Development Coordinator