4K A.M. Class
February 15, 2016
Last Week...February 8th-11th
Graphing Candy Hearts
Did you have any that are the same?
Red and Pink Day
Happy Valentine's Day!
Opposites Chart and Learning "I" and "am"
This was the pocket chart that the children read in the Reading Corner. They were learning about opposites and the sight words "I" and "am".
Upcoming Dates & Important Information...
- Miss Lois will be coming to read to the children on Tuesday, February 16th.
- Please send in Ice Cream basket items/donations by Monday, February 29th. We have plenty of sprinkles, cones, and waffle bowls. If you are wondering about items we still need, here are some ideas:
- Gift cards
- Ice cream maker
- Ice cream scoop
- Money donation
- Plastic sundae bowls
- Ice Cream recipe book
- Large container (to put all items in to make the basket)
- PTO Movie Night on March 4th.
- If you are looking for more information about the Pals assessment or activities to complete with your child...go to https://pals.virginia.edu
- Red Smith February/March Newsletter http://www.gbaps.org/MS/RedSmith/Documents/Newsletter%20-%20Feb-Mar%202016.pdf
This Week... February 15th-18th
- At the math center, children will be rolling a dice with a number 1-6 written on it. Then the children are asked to write the number they roll on a sheet. If your child brings home a Roll and Write sheet have them read you the numbers they wrote.
- The dramatic play area is a Post Office. I will be teaching the children to write the name of a friend on the front of an envelope. Then they can choose a card or piece of paper to write their name on and put it into an envelope. We will be using stickers as stamps. If you have the opportunity to send mail to a friend or family member please include your child in on the process.
- Our new book bag book is A Penguins Adventure Book. We will be again taking several books out of their full book bags and I will give them to you at conference time. The bags are quite full-enjoy listening to your child read!
Letter P Activities...
1. Play catch with a potato.
2. Put a puzzle together.
3. Draw with a pencil.
4. Paint pictures on paper.
5. Count pennies.
6. Make popcorn.
7. Have a pajama party.
8. Visit the post office.
Practice writing "P" down, up, around
Practice writing "p" down, up, around
Please bring a show and tell object that starts with the letter Pp on Thursday, February 18th. Have your child practice sharing one detail about their object to a family member to prepare them for our Show & Tell community circle time