PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, May 9, 2016
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- Plan to attend the PTSA meeting on 5/19 at 6:00 in the cafeteria. There will be multiple $500 scholarship drawings for seniors who have been members for both years. Immediately following the meeting, stay for the annual Parent-to-Parent program in which parents of past PSHS students share valuable tips and answer questions about what’s next.
- Seniors, don’t miss out on the Senior Celebration Lunch happening this Friday, May 13! The last day to purchase tickets is Wednesday, and no tickets will be sold at the door. In addition to great food, there will be raffles for scholarships sponsored by Nationwide Insurance and gift cards! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Open_Forms
- Congratulations to all of the seniors who won prizes at Plano After Dark! Prizes included gift cards, dorm refrigerators and microwaves, TVs, printers, dorm essentials, and laptop computers. The PSHS PTSA would like to thank these sponsors for their generous donations!
- Please consider donating food to Plano’s Closet! The school food pantry for in-need PSHS students is running low on canned ravioli, canned vegetables (all types), and breakfast items (like just-add-water pancake mixes, small bottles of syrup, cereal, and Pop Tarts). Donations may be dropped off in the main office.
- This is the last chance for seniors to become PTSA members in order to be eligible to win a $500 scholarship in a drawing by the PISD Council of PTAs on May 17. There will be one winner from PSHS. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/membership
- The PSHS PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) invites you to get a jumpstart on becoming a PTSA member now for the 2016-2017 school year. Students who are members for both years are eligible to win PTSA scholarship drawings their senior year. ($10,000 scholarships in 2015-2016) It costs just $10 for a student and $15 for a parent. See more benefits and sign up at this link today. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/membership
- There is a new discount code for Aceable Drivers Ed! Enter the code ‘WILDCAT’ to receive a 25% discount. www.aceable.com
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SENIOR REUNIONS
Graduating Seniors...you are invited to come reminisce with friends at your Elementary School Senior Reunion. Click here http://www.pisd.edu/news/archive/2015-16/senior.reunions.shtml for the list of schools and their respective details.
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
Update from Plano Baseball Booster Club
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Booster Club meeting – Tuesday, May 10
- Post Season Banquet – Monday, May 16 at 7:00 pm at Cross Creek Ranch
For more information about Plano Wildcats Baseball
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT APPLEBEE’S
You are invited to an Applebee’s Flapjack Fundraiser Breakfast to support our Planoettes! Enjoy a short stack for a tall cause on Saturday, May 14th from 8 – 10am at the Applebee’s located at 3141 Preston Road in Frisco. Tickets are $10. Thank you for your support!
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT KENDRA SCOTT
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
New online menu service-MealViewer
Food and Nutritional Services is pleased to announce MealViewer, a new on-line communication tool for menus and nutritional information to meet your campus needs. It comes as a web and APP version. Parents can retrieve menus and dietary information anywhere anytime.
Parents can follow the pisd web site links listed below to access the announcement. We have provided instructions on the web site to assist parents on how to retrieve menus/allergen/nutritional information. It is very easy to use.
PSHS WILDCAT CHOIR SPRING AUCTION
It's time, once again, for our annual online auction. Hundreds of wonderful shopping opportunities await. Please click on the link below, browse & shop while supporting the choir. Restaurants, Grocery Stores, Hotels, Sky Ranch, Pine Cove Christian Camp, Maid Brigade, Pop Ins Maid Service and lots more!
Auction OPENED SATURDAY MAY 7th at 12 NOON
Auction CLOSES SUNDAY MAY 15th at 9 PM
ATTENTION AP STUDENTS
Room Assignments for WEEK 2 AP TESTS are found on POSTERS throughout Buildings A & B. KNOW before you try to go!
FROM THE FINANCE OFFICE
IMPORTANT! PSHS policy is that we will no longer accept checks after April 30th for this school year - beginning May 1st, ONLY CASH OR MONEY ORDERS for EXACT $$ will be accepted for all fines and/or missing textbooks and equipment. NOTE: Students not cleared will be on a "not clear" list until everything is turned in and/or paid for. Senior withdrawals will be pulled and seniors not cleared will need to do so before final transcripts are sent and their diplomas will be held until charges are cleared.
FROM THE REGISTRAR
- FINAL CLASS RANK & GPA FOR SENIORS: Available in the Registrar’s Office beginningTODAY, May 5th. You MUST have a picture ID. DO NOT come during class time.
- HONOR GRADUATES: The list of Honor Graduates will be posted on the trophy case windows opposite the Registrar’s Office. To be eligible you must have a cumulative final GPA of 3.6 or above.
- HONOR STOLES: Qualifying seniors may sign for and pick up their Honor Stoles in the Registrar’s Office. Cost is $15 – CASH ONLY. Be sure to bring your ID.
- FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: We will now accept requests for final, graduated transcripts.ALL requests will be held for processing until after Graduation on June 9th. If you want a personal copy of your final transcript, please provide a self-addressed envelope along with your request. *We anticipate all paper/mailed transcripts will be processed by June 24th. Electronic transcripts will be processed as soon as possible after graduation.
- SUMMER HOURS: Summer hours begin the week of June 6th (Closed Thursday, June 9th for Graduation). Hours are Monday – Thursday from 7:30am – 4:30pm.
GRADUATION ORDERS PICK-UP
You may still purchase a yearbook….Stop by B208 and pick up a form or order online @ http://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/high-school-yearbooks.html ...$90 each. The price increases to $100 after Tuesday, May 17th.
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION-HIGH SCHOOL
On-line registration for High School Summer School started Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit:http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtm
BOYS BASKETBALL - 3-ON-3 TOURNAMENT
Boys Basketball is hosting a 3-on-3 Tournament on Saturday, May 14th at 9am in the PSHS Gym. The cost is $20 per player. PLEASE NOTE: ONLY 1 JV or Varsity PSHS player per team. There will be a 3-game minimum in pool play and awards will be given to the Final 4 teams. For registration forms, contact a PSHS Basketball player, Coach Christian, Coach Jacobs or Coach Hodges. Registration Due by Friday, May 6th.
PSHS SWIMMING & DIVING INFORMATIONAL MEETING
If you are at all interested in entering into the world of Texas High School competitive swimming or diving, then please come join us on Wednesday, May 18th at 6pm at the Plano Aquatic Center (2301 Westside Dr.). There will be discussion of team policies, training expectations, and the try out process. There will also be a time for open questions. We look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have about what the PSHS swim and dive team is all about. See you soon!
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS!
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: