Parkside Elementary Parent Newsletter * May
A Message From Mrs. Fike
HAPPY MAY PSE FAMILIES!
We are still into our state testing this month. Here are just a few reminders to help support your child with the upcoming testing days.
1. Make sure that your child is on time for school on testing days.
2. If your child is ill, please keep him/her home.
3. Please make sure that your child is getting plenty of sleep prior to the testing days.
4. It is important that all students be at school all day. Make sure that appointments are scheduled around testing times.
We know that our PSE students will do their best each and every day!
Let's Celebrate our PSE Staff
The week of May 2nd-May 6th is Staff Appreciation Week. This is a week that we get to celebrate our PSE staff for all of their hard work that they do each and every day! Thank you PSE staff for all that you do! We are lucky to have you!
GAME ON! LEVEL UP!
UPCOMING STATE TESTING DATES-MARK YOUR CALENDARS
State Testing Date:
3rd Grade Math: May 4th and May 5th
4th & 5th Grade ELA: May 2nd and May 3rd
4th & 5th Grade Math: May 9th and May 10th
5th Grade Science: May 16th and May 17th
- May 2nd-May 6th: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 4th: Rock and Roll to School Day
- May 10th: 3:30pm: Harry Chapin Food Pantry-Back of School
- May 12th: 9:00am: Kindergarten Round-Up-Cafeteria
- May 13th: PSE Celebrates Frog Day-Wear Green or a PSE Spirit Shirt
- May 17th: 3:30pm: School Advisory Council Meeting-Media Center
- May 27th: 12:05pm: Early Release Day
- May 30th: No School
- May 31st-8:30am: 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony-Cafeteria
- June 2nd: Last Student Day
- June 2nd-12:05pm: Early Release Day
Access CCPS School District Calendar: https://www.collierschools.com/Calendars
How to Access Report Cards for Quarter 4
The Elementary Quarter 4 Report Cards will be published to the FOCUS Portal.
To access your child’s Quarter 4 Report Cards electronically as a PDF:
- Navigate to https://focus.collierschools.com/focus/
- Enter the Username - your student’s lunch number (student number)
- Enter the Password
- For students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2, enter 1
- For students in Grades 3-12, enter your student’s birthday month and day as four digits (e.g., September 7, 2011 would be 0907)
- Under your student’s picture, click the Reports tab
- The link can be viewed as a PDF or downloaded and saved
The FOCUS Portal can be accessed from the CCPS Portal, clicking the FOCUS icon.
For assistance, contact email@example.com or call 239-377-0009.
Every Friday is Jeans Day!
Students can wear jeans with a uniform or school t-shirt on Friday for $1.
Please have your child bring their $1 on Friday and give to their teacher in the morning.
Please no ripped or jeans with holes.
Mrs. Melanie Fike
Assistant Principals of Curriculum
Ms. Tiffany Wind and Mrs. Rachel Moore
Mrs. Jennifer Grant
Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Program Specialist
Dr. Kimberly Doriety
Dr. Tricia Cunningham
Mrs. Angela Polanco
Give us a call! 239-377-8900