SHISD-We Are Thankful & Blessed
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
A Message from the Superintendent
Over the past two weeks I have been able to visit the majority of classrooms within the district with our Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction. The first thing I am always looking for when observing classrooms is the level of student engagement with the lesson. After visiting all four campuses, I was very impressed with how creative our teachers are in engaging our students in lessons. As a parent with only two kids under my roof, I often struggle to engage my own two kids in conversation. The way our staff is able to take words on a page and make them come alive in the minds of our students is amazing.
I would like to thank every parent that took the time to send a dessert to our staff members this week.
I hope each of you have a fabulous week with your family and friends and I hope to see you at the playoff game this evening.
Celebrating a Bi-District Championship
Join us for Round 2 as the Panthers take on the Waco Connally Cadets at Midlothian Heritage High School this Friday, November 22, 2019. Kick-off time is set for 7:00 pm.
Game 1 Play-Off Pep Rally
Campuses Participate in Canned Food Drive to Help Those in Need This Thanksgiving
Top 5 classes at the high school were:
K Montgomery - 50/person
Borden - 28/person
Miller and Jones - 27/person
Fields - 22/person
Thank you to all for your generous donations!
Panthers Caring and Sharing
Because of the generous contributions from so many of you, we were able to give the Galindo-Dominguez family $700 in restaurant and Walmart gift cards. The Intermediate campus also took up a separate donation of $300 in gift cards for a student's mother battling a brain tumor. Both of these families were so grateful and will continue to need your prayers! ~ Amber Vaca
Local School Officials Join Longview Regional Medical Center to Create Suicide Prevention Message
Panthers Support the Carthage Bulldogs
SHISD Hosts Annual Senior Citizens' Christmas Luncheon
- Ms. Andrea Jones and the High School StuCo for putting together the special day of remembrance for Carthage High School students.
- Ms. Amy Blalock for the great publication of the Carthage day remembrance.
- Coach Louvier and the football staff for the first playoff win in 15 years.
- Ms. Becky Smith and the theater crew for a great production of Arsenic and Lace.
- All high school staff for the great representation to our guests during the training last Thursday. We got several compliments.
- Ms. Teri Burns for putting together a great signing day for our baseball players.
- Connie White and Laura Jordan for all the BIM/DIM testing that they completed last week which helps our accountability ratings.
- Ms. Debby Bass for taking our kids to the Robotics presentation at Good Shepherd Medical Center.
- Ms. Karen Ender for putting together Christmas Card presentations to the school board.
Addison Childers Was Chosen to be the Texas Real Estate Executives Student of the Week
4th Grade Students Participate in a Turkey Trot Math Lesson
Intermediate Students Attend the Popovich Comedy Pet Theater
The Popovich Comedy Pet Theater is entertainment for the whole family, featuring the unique blend of comedy and juggling skills of former Moscow Circus veteran Gregory Popovich and the extraordinary talents of his performing pets. His entourage consists of world-class jugglers, Diamond the Shetland Pony and over 30 performing pets including house cats and dogs (all rescued from animal shelters!), geese, white doves and parrots.
Primary Students Read Under the Stars
Friendsgiving Day at the Primary
A Message From Nurse Jaymie Walton
Spring Hill Parents,
FLU season has arrived!
Common signs and symptoms of the flu are fever greater than 100F, coughing/sneezing,
headache, body aches and extreme fatigue.
Please help us minimize the spread of the flu by keeping your student home if they have a fever
greater than 100F. Your student must also be fever free for a full 24 hours WITHOUT the use of
fever reducing medications like Tylenol or Ibuprofen before they can return to school.
Good handwashing, staying home when running fever and exhibiting flu symptoms and yearly
flu vaccines are the best way to protect your family and reduce the spread of the flu.
Thank you for helping us keep our Spring Hill students healthy!
Lady Panther Golf Team Wins the Hallsville Fall Classic
Lady Panther Basketball Team to Play at the American Airline Center in Dallas
The Spring Hill Lady Panthers Basketball team will be playing a game against McLeod at American Airline Center in Dallas, Texas on Saturday, January 4, 2020. Once you purchase a ticket it will allow you to be able to stay and attend the Mavs vs Charlotte game. During the Spring Hill game, you may sit wherever you like, but once the game is over you must move to the seat number which is printed on your ticket. We will begin to presale the tickets for the prices listed below. If you have any further questions or need to purchase a ticket, please contact Coach Dee Lewis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Service Announcement
Blessed to be a Spring Hill Panther: Proud Past...Promising Future
- TEA "A" Rated district
- K-12 Education
- Premier school district in East Texas
- College and Career Readiness best in the area
- Low teacher / student class ratio
- Honors, dual-credit, gifted & talented, Career & Technical Education, and numerous local courses offered
- UIL Academics, robotics, theatre/drama, band, drill team, cheerleading, athletics and bass club activities offered
- State award winning band
- Education Foundation
- Boys and Girls Club
- District enrollment at an all time high
- Designated as a District of Innovation by the Texas Education Agency
- Outstanding parent and community support
Spring Hill Independent School District...The Hidden Treasure of East Texas
Find us in the App Store
Spring Hill ISD Partnerships
- Classroom technology
- Fine arts exposure and experience
- Support athletic programs
- Innovative classes for sports marketing and game day production
For advertising information, please contact the superintendent's office at 903-323-7740.