WSA Randall Weekly Newsletter
September 24, 2021
Inclement Weather Mornings
Blessings in a Backpack
Our Teachers Deserve a (Soft) Drink!
Heads Up (literally) on Kickball Before School
Signing in and Updating Your Student's iPad
Health Room Headlines
We have had multiple questions about the proper procedures if a family chooses to test for Covid-19. While I am certain this will not be the definitive answer, I will attempt to shed some light on the subject.
The Too Sick for School Guidelines handout is still our "vade mecum" for deciding whether or not to keep a student home and when to seek medical attention. When it comes to Covid-19, we know things have changed frequently over the past year or so. We have all become pretty good at "pivoting"...
So now that quarantines and Covid-19 tests aren't mandatory, what do you do if your student has had an exposure? Believe it or not, it is pretty clear cut for us -
- Your kiddos can continue to attend school and participate in extracurricular activities.
- It is not required that your kiddos quarantine, although parents may choose to self quarantine. If you choose this route, please be as awesome as I know you are and send me an email with the details.
What if after this Covid exposure, your child develops symptoms, and you decide to have them tested for Covid - can they return to school in the meantime?
- If you have had them "self-quarantined" after the exposure, this probably doesn't even apply to you because you would still have your kiddos at home.
- If your child has symptoms that would keep them home according to the "Too Sick for School Guidelines", then they would need to remain home until their symptoms have improved, regardless of the outcome of the Covid test. (If the results come back positive, PLEASE reach out to me for further instructions and a return to school date!)
- If your child does NOT have symptoms but you chose to have them tested (or needed to have a Covid test for any other number of reasons), they may still attend school while awaiting results.
I have added some BRAND NEW INFORMATION to the last page of our TSFS Guidelines - be sure to check that out!
As always, if you have any follow up questions in the realm of Covid or other health related situations and absences - please feel free to contact me (Amber Williams) at email@example.com or 262-970-2315
Have a spectacular weekend!!
Warmest Regards, Amber
Students choose from the Elementary Lunch Menu. If dietary restrictions require items from the Elementary Veggie Lunch Menu, you must pre-order with the office a minimum of 24 hours in advance.
Click here to see PeachJar flyers (Extra-Curricular Offerings throughout our District)
If you are strugging, our School District has many resources available to help. Click here to see what is available.