David is like a pair of eye glasses because at the beginning of the story he wasn't skeptical about the true religion, but after he met Sophie he saw that deviants were not that different from regular people. David finally could see clearly just like a pair of eye glasses.
David is just like a safe because he kept Sophie's secret safe after finding out that she had a deviation. Just like a safe David new the password to it and didn't tell anyone.
David is exactly like a telephone because he always tries to communicate with the telepathic group. He also answers calls like when he saved Petra from drowning.
David is like a mask because he must hide his telepathic ability from his family just like how a mask would hide a persons face.
David is like a pencil because no matter what happened to him on the way to the fringes he stayed strong and kept moving on. David is the pencil and the world is the sharpener and slowly the pencil got smaller but he held on and made it through.
David is exactly like a dumbbell because he is a very strong individual. He got beat and punished by his father for believing a different way but he stayed strong just like a dumbbell. You can see this in the book when David starts to grow into a more mature adult he gains more mental strength
This quote relates to David's beliefs because it tells us that freedom has to be fought for and it doesn't come easily. David was tortured and beat because he wanted to be free and excepted for who he is. After making it to the sealand lady he realizes that he's finally safe and doesn't need to hide himself anymore. David knew that the true religion was wrong and didn't give up his belief and finally got rewarded with freedom.
- Crooked Smile by J-Cole: This song would be prefect for David's playlist because its about how no ones picture perfect. In the song J-Cole talks about how far he got with his crooked teeth. This song would change David's mind of deviants even more.
- Break From Toronto by ThePartyNextDoor: This song would be on David's playlist because its a song about having a break from a place and in the book the telepathic group really needed a break from Waknuk because of the tensions that were going on.
- A-Team by Travis Scott: This song would be on David's playlist because it's a song about a special team and this resembles to the book because David and his telepathic group are a team and they all have eachothers backs.
- Tale of 2 Cities by J-Cole: This is another song that would be on David's play list because it talks about the violence between two cities. In this case it would be about the conflicts between Wuknuk and the Fringes.
- Might not by Belly: This song is about not making it and David would have this song because he took a big risk to go to the fringes and he might of not made it alive.