PPCSD Bombers Bulletin
August 25, 2023
Pine Plains Students and Families - It's Back to School Time!
Hello PPCSD students and families!
We are excited to welcome our students back for the 2023-2024 school year! We hope that your summer was filled with fun, relaxation, and time well spent with family and friends.
We are eager to begin the new school year and hope that our students are also looking forward to the first day of school on September 6th.
It is PPCSD's Mission to develop the whole child to be a lifelong learner and a productive member of the global community. We are so excited to work on our mission with you and your students this coming school year.
Again, welcome back!
Upcoming Back to School Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, 8/29 - Picnic with the Principal @ SSILC 11 am - 2 pm - For incoming 2nd graders and new students
- Tuesday, 8/29 - 6th Grade Orientation @ SM Jr./Sr. HS auditorium 5 pm
- Wednesday, 8/30 - Watermelon Welcome @ CSELC 11:30 am - For new incoming students
- Monday, 9/4 - Labor Day Holiday - Buildings Closed
- Tuesday, 9/5 - Superintendent's Conference Day - No Students
- Wednesday, 9/6 - First Day of School!
- Wednesday, 9/6 - CSELC Pre-K Orientation 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Thursday, 9/14 - CSELC Open House
- Friday, 9/15 - Picture Day @ SM Jr./Sr. HS
- Thursday, 9/21 - SM Jr./Sr. HS Open House
- Thursday, 9/21 - DCC Financial Aid Info Session @ SM Jr./Sr. HS Library 5 pm - 6 pm
- Monday, 9/25 - Recess Day - Yom Kippur
- Thursday, 9/28 - SSILC Open House
FCCLA attended National Leadership Conference in Denver, Colorado
The 2023 FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) National Leadership Conference took place in Denver, CO from July 2-6, drawing more than 7,900 students, educators, and guests from across the nation. This gathering provided a valuable platform for attendees to expand their leadership skills, sharpen their talents, explore career pathways, and listen to inspiring speakers.
At the heart of the conference were the highly anticipated Students Taking Action with Recognition (STAR) Events. Over 4,300 FCCLA members competed in these events, where they were recognized for their proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation. The collaboration between youth and adults in managing the events and evaluating participants allowed students to develop real-world skills and gain valuable insights.
We are thrilled to share that Tessa Blackburn, Irene Lopez, Michell Barron and Charlotte Phillips proudly represented Stissing Mountain at the FCCLA National Leadership Conference. Tessa and Irene competed in the Promote and Publicize STAR event and Michell and Charlotte competed in the Interpersonal Communication STAR Event and were awarded silver medals in recognition of their outstanding performance.
The students' project exemplifies their dedication, creativity, and commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of others. Their accomplishment at the national level is a testament to their hard work, teamwork, and unwavering passion.
Congratulations to Tessa, Irene, Michell and Charlotte!
Stephanie Rhoades named the NYS Winner of NYAAE's Ideas Unlimited Award
Miss Rhoades idea combines classroom, SAE and FFA all into one very fun Food Truck Wars curriculum. The value of this idea is truly unlimited.
Congratulations and great work to Miss Rhoades for coming up with a unique way to engage students in their learning and growing!