"Liberty under God."
What is Theocracy?
Theocracy is a form of government in which a deity is officially recognized as the civil Ruler and official policy is governed by officials regarded as divinely guided, or is pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion or religious group.
Pros and Cons of Theocracy
- It supports religion and social unity.
- Ensured that the political decisions were in line with the people's moral values and beliefs.
- There is not much arguing about religion.
- Money is saved on religious buildings.
- Hard to enforce in large areas.
- Religious minorities are often marginalized and persecuted
- Little to no diversity
- Citizens may become angry with the Government