Net Zero Learning as a FamiLEE
Designing Grade 5 Learning Experiences in the Green House
Howdy! This school year marks my 7th year as an educator. I'm originally from North Austin (Leander, TX) and graduated with a Bachelors of Science from Texas A&M University. I'm very thrilled as this is my first year designing experiences for learners @NetZero (Richard J. Lee Elmentary) in Coppell ISD. Previous to coming to Coppell ISD I spent six years teaching 5th grade in Richardson ISD. I'm so grateful to be part of the FamiLEE at Lee Elementary!
Wrapping Up Week 8
ELAR: Protagonists & Antagonists in Fiction
Math: Dividing Decimals
Green House Unity Challenge Solutions
- Designer Interview Solution Group - Learners interview all the designers at Lee to share with all the school so that every learner at Lee knows every Lee designer.
- Green House Music Video - Learners create a music video for our Green House song, "Take on the World"
- Green House Tshirt - Learners design a t-shirt for all Green House learners
- Collaboration - Learners implement ways to work with and get to know other learners in other houses.
- Service Crew - Learners take on tasks to give back to our campus.
- Painting - Learners create art to unify others.
- Newspaper/Newsletter - Learners write a communication to share with all learners in our house.
Ask your learner about which group they are taking part in and what actions they have completed thus far.
Next Week's Lee Life Lessons
LEE LIFE PRINCIPLE:
Accountability - being responsible for one's actions
LESSON IN LEADERSHIP:
If you are asked a question in conversation, you should ask a question in return. it is only polite to show others that you are just as interested in them as they are in you.
LEE QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"I am NOT a product of my circumstances. I AM a product of my decisions." - Stephen Covey
Allaso Ranch Forms and Payment Due
Wednesday, Oct. 26th, 3pm
8808 Chaparral Waters Way
Allaso Ranch - Fifth Grade Field Trip
Able to commit to chaperoning our trip? Fill out the interest and background check form below.
Additional Allaso Ranch forms and information can be found on my website under the General Information Tab.