Middle School Update
November 25, 2015
Thankful for God's Blessings
Another thing to consider is how well we are sharing the realities about the Christian life with our students. I was meeting with a high school student last week, and she told me that she wasn't sure of her salvation because she "didn't trust herself." I explained to her that she had to trust God, not herself. She's been at Dalat for years, came out of a Buddhist family and now believes in God, but still had questions about some of the real basics of Christianity. I encourage you to take the time to share these things with your students - in SAT groups, mentoring relationships, Bible classes, sports teams, or any time you are with students. Don't assume they already know something. Provide room for them to ask questions, and respond to them honestly. I was amazed at how much difference a 45 minute conversation could have on the life of a students. Being used by God in this way, sharing that message of the greatest blessing, eternal life, is truly something for which to be thankful.
Track and Field Day
- Bring your water bottle and sunscreen.
- Meet on the outdoor court when the bell rings.
- Students should line up by grade levels. Follow the Fire Drill signs.
- Bible teachers, take attendance and let the office know of any absences.
- Teachers, mix yourselves up amongst the buses for supervision.
- While at the event, all of you are responsible for supervising students. The PE department will be busy running the events. Those of you not involved need to be supervising kids. You are still the teachers. You can give discipline (time out, N's, etc.) as needed to maintain order.
- Have fun! This is a great day to spend time with the kids.
Nov. 25: MS/HS Track and Field Day
Nov. 26-27: No School; American Thanksgiving
Nov. 30-Dec. 4: Science MAP testing
Dec. 1: Combined Staff
Dec. 8: MS Christmas Concert
Dec. 9: Chapel Schedule
Dec. 10: End of Q2 X Blocks
Dec. 10: 1st Comments Due
Dec. 11: Regular Schedule; No Chapel
Dec. 11: 2nd comments Due
Dec. 14-16: HS Finals; regular schedule for MS
Dec. 14: SMT Christmas Buffet
Dec. 14: 3rd comments due
Dec. 15: 4th Comments Due
Dec. 16: Final Comments due
Dec. 17: Last day
8:30-11:00 – Class Parties
11 – 12 – MS Awards Assembly
12 – 12:30: Checkout
Before you leave: grades verified
Dec. 18: Staff work day; Christmas party in the evening