Year 2 Newsletter
Friday 1 May 2015
What have we done this week?
- Learnt how to create stop motion animations based on The Stone Age.
- Used special modelling clay to create our stop animation characters.
- Created back drops for our stories.
- Learnt about Stonehenge in the UK.
- Taken part in stone age symmetry tasks and investigated how tallys were used in The Stone Age.
- Presenting our stop motion animations to the class and peer assessing.
- Looking closer at the different parts of The Stone Age and sorting information on a timeline.
- Recapping and moving on with our addition and subtraction skills (Miss Macdonald) and consolidating multiplication and division using arrays (Ms Bintcliffe).
- Everyone should now have received a homework sheet explaining the Stone Age themed homework - if you haven't, please email Miss Macdonald or Ms Bintcliffe as soon as possible
- Please ensure the permission slip for the Naturalis trip is filled in on Gateway by Monday at the latest - we currently have 26 out of 46 replies.
- Thank you for the volunteers for the school trip - we now have enough helpers.