Rolling in the Know
Volume 6: Keeping JLSD families informed
FACE MASK STRATEGY DRAMATICALLY REDUCES CLASSROOM QUARANTINES
The Jackson Local School District continues to track data related to COVID-19 in our district. We are heading into the second week of requiring face masks for all students and staff members inside our buildings and we are already seeing a dramatic reduction in classroom quarantines.
Additionally, we continue to identify more lunch spaces in our buildings to allow us to maximize social distance in our eating spaces.
The district appreciates the overwhelming support from our students, staff, parents, and stakeholders during these times. Thank you, Polar Bears!
NORTHEAST OHIO YOUTH HEALTH SURVEY
This survey is the result of collaboration among the Ohio Department of Health, the Stark County Health Department, and the Jackson Local School District. Some things parents and guardians should know about the survey:
- The survey is anonymous and evidence-based with assistance from the Centers for Disease Control.
- The survey is designed to understand the elements contributing to suicide among adolescents in Stark County.
- This survey is part of a multi-year effort to guide county, school district, and community-based suicide prevention and response activities.
- The survey is designed to give an anonymous understanding of students' mental health.
- The survey is voluntary.
- All families of 7-12 students received an email with additional information. An opt-out form was attached to that email, or you can email your building principal.
- The survey can be viewed by parents at your child's school.
JHS PURPLE ARMY PERFORMS AT SKULL SESSIONS
HELLO WEEK THEME DAYS AT JACKSON HIGH SCHOOL
REGISTRATION OPEN FOR GIRLS YOUTH BASKETBALL
The Jackson girls basketball in-house youth league consists of girls residing in the Jackson Local School District.
The league has two divisions: 3rd-4th Grade Division & 5th- 6th Grade Division.
Practices are once per week (Tuesdays) & 1 game on Saturdays.
· Due to the pandemic, gym availability and special requirements are being reviewed. Practices are typically on Tuesdays and games on Saturdays but may be subject to change. More information involving specific dates and times will be emailed once they are finalized.
Please go to www.jacksongirlsbasketball.com to register online & look for the link on the right hand side of the home page. (This is the only way to register)
We’re always in need of volunteer coaches, either head or assistant coaches, so if interested please check the box during registration or contact Jen Cramblett @ 330-907-1544 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION DEADLINE OCT 8th, 2021
LEAGUE FEE- $95
Contact Youth Director, Jen Cramblett at email@example.com with any questions
Please click this button to see community flyers and download the ones in which you might be interested.
ALL-SPORTS STREAMING TICKET $100; INCLUDES 8 VARSITY SPORTS
The halftime band show featuring the Purple Army can be seen in its entirety each week as well.
An All-Sports Streaming Ticket can be purchased for $100 and that includes streaming access to football, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, baseball, and softball. To purchase all of those home games for all of those sports please visit this link.
2021 Yearbooks Are In; 2022 Yearbooks On Sale
If you ordered a Jackson High School 2021 Yearbook (last school year), those yearbooks are in and can be picked in main office of the high school. If you have a student who graduated as a member of the Class of 2021, those yearbooks can be picked up at the main office as well. There are a few extra yearbooks if you would like to buy one for $85.
Also. the 2022 yearbooks are on sale for the early bird price of $70 until September 10. Go to rmd.me/lVnjaXLCxPJ to purchase.
Help Wanted ... Jackson Local School District Job Postings
See this school year's full student calendar to help make planning easier
HOW TO REACH US
Striving for Excellence
Superintendent: Christopher DiLoreto
Board of Education:
Scott Gindlesberger, president
Christopher V. Goff, vice president
Kenneth J. Douglas
Tonya M. Wright
Thomas W. Winkhart