Standard Middle Warriors
Family Newsletter - January 2019
The Warrior Way
From Mrs. Susan Denton, Principal:
Thanks for a great first semester for the 2018-19 school year! Student attendance is up and students are making progress on academic goals. We are very proud of their hard work!
Thank you to our PTSA for organizing our first large catalog fundraiser of the year. Items arrived before Winter Break. We appreciate their time and efforts toward making Standard Middle a special place for students and families.
So Many Winter Activities!
- Band & Choir performed on Saturday December 1st at our Pancakes and Pops Winter Concert! Marching Band also performed at the North of the River Christmas Parade on North Chester on Saturday, December 8th.
- Drama students performed "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Family" on Thursday, December 6th. It was a great show!
- Sports- Basketball tryouts have begun and we are gearing up for a great season with our boys and girls NOR teams.
- Friday, January 18th will be our Quarter 2 Honor Roll Assemblies. Parents of qualifying students will be notified to attend. We are very proud of the focus and emphasis our students have put into their academics.
Stay involved in the academic and social areas of your middle school student's life. Here are some ways to do that:
- Know where your students are before and after school. Also please remember campus does not open or have supervision until 8:00 a.m. on school days.
- Have access to your student's information through our Parent Portal on Infinite Campus.
- Make sure your contact information is current. Call the school to update phone numbers and addresses. You may update your email through Parent Portal.
- Stay connected by keeping up-to-date through our social media and school webpage.
- Join REMIND for quick school messages (see below)
- Join our parent groups-volunteers are always appreciated.
Happy New Year!
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Access is a website that allows parents to access information about the student including grades, assignments and attendance. For your login credentials - please contact the school office (661) 392-2130.
PTSA Parent-Teacher-Student Association
Cost: Only $6 per person (students can join as well as parents!) Join anytime this year!
Purpose: To host activities and raise funds for student events and supplies that support the mission of Standard Middle School.
Benefits: YOU can make a difference and have a voice in what experiences we can create for our students!
Contacts: Amber Olson, President
Use the Standard Middle PTSA Facebook page to contact us directly or contact the school 392-2130.