The Hoffman HUM
Our Official Newsletter
¡Traduzca este boletín! 이 뉴스 레터를 번역하세요! Энэ мэдээг орчуулаарай! Przetłumacz ten biuletyn! | Переведите этот информационный бюллетень!
- Watch this short video for instructions on how to translate it into your language.
- Mire este breve video para obtener instrucciones sobre cómo traducirlo a su idioma.
- 귀하의 언어로 번역하는 방법에 대한 지침은이 짧은 비디오를 시청하십시오.
- Үүнийг хэрхэн богино хугацаанд өөрийн хэл рүү хөрвүүлэх зааврыг энэ видеоноос үзээрэй.
- Obejrzyj ten krótki film, aby uzyskać instrukcje, jak przetłumaczyć go na swój język.
- Посмотрите это короткое видео, чтобы узнать, как перевести его на ваш язык.
... from the principal's desk ...
Dear Hoffman families,
The start of the school year is almost upon us! Construction workers are still here day and night finishing the massive project of renovating nearly every room in the school! We are ready and excited to welcome your children, but please understand that some things will still be in boxes when we start, walls will be bare while the paint cures, and some "finishing touches" will still be underway in classrooms.
I hope to see many of you tomorrow (Wednesday) for our Meet-and-Greets from 8:30-9:30am. These are a drop-in format, not a full hour of presentations or activities, so feel free to come and go at any time during that hour, and to leave to go to Henking's Meet-and-Greets after ours.
Please note our arrival and dismissal times below in preparation for the first day of school! If your child is riding the bus, help them prepare by teaching them their bus number. This will be a route number between 1 and 11. I don't know how it looks in your email from the Transportation Department, but it might say something like "HO2P." The number in the middle is your child's bus number. "HO2P" would be Bus 2, "HO11A" would be Bus 11, etc.
We will have lots of staff outside at arrival and dismissal at the beginning of the year to help your child get where they need to go!
See you very soon!
Arrival Begins: 7:35am
Classes Begin: 7:45am
Arrival Begins: 8:35am
Classes Begin: 8:45am
Wednesday, August 23
8:30 - 9:30 Meet and Greets - Open house format! NOTE NEW TIME
Thursday, August 24
First Day for Students Grades PreK - 8
Thursday, September 7 (Parents/Guardians ONLY)
Curriculum Night 6:30PM
Monday, September 4
Friday, September 8
Friday, September 22 and Monday, September 25
2023-2024 School Supplies
A BIG THANK YOU to the families that have already purchased supplies for your child/children for the 2023-24 school year!
We appreciate your support with our school supplies program! As has been shared, the goals of this program are as follows:
- To provide the same, high quality supplies, on the first day of school and throughout the school year for 100% of our students.
- To provide teachers with the brands and quantities needed on or before the first day of school.
- To provide families with a substantial cost savings by reusing items, leveraging our buying power, providing free shipping, and using our tax exempt status.
- To support a greener school by providing less waste, less packaging.
If you have not yet purchased supplies, please do so using this link:
PURCHASE HOFFMAN: https://hehopta.memberhub.com/store/items/860685
If you qualify for Free & Reduced, please reach out to the social worker for supply coverage.
News from Food Service
We’re looking forward to welcoming our students back to school for the 23-24 school year. Please see some helpful tips below:
Breakfast will cost $2.00 and lunch will cost $3.25 in our K-5 schools and $3.50 in our Middle Schools.
Please check your child’s lunch balance in PowerSchool before the first day of school.
Add funds to your child’s lunch account (via e~Funds or check/cash at any school).
Fall menus will be available on our website by early August.
If you require financial assistance, complete a 23-24 free & reduced meal application online here or scan the QR code .
If you need a paper application, please contact the Food Service Department.
Please reach out to our Food Service department with any question or concerns, email@example.com
District 34 Important Forms and Information
Click Here for the following forms:
Authorization And Permission For Administration Of Medication
Bus Rider Reminders
Cell Phone Use Agreement and Permission Form
Dental Exam Form (completed for Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grades)
Dental Exam Waiver
District Policies/Handbook Info
Eye Exam Form
Eye Exam Waiver
Health Examination Form