WPMS 8th Grade Newsletter
Woodland Park Middle School
Happy New Year!
Passing Periods & Hallways
This time is for:
- Restroom breaks
- Water bottle refills (make sure to bring a water bottle daily)
- Gather class materials for next class.
We have several students trying to socialize with friends during this time. As a result they are late for class and asking to leave class for the above tasks. When a student is late for class they receive a tardy. After 3 tardies students then have school consequences.
Away for the Day: Cell Phone Usage
Dress Code Reminders
WPMS Academic Assistance
Career & College Planning
Advanced Math: Students are working on advanced functions.
Science: Students are learning about genetics. Their final product will be researching and presenting about a genetic disorder.
Language Arts: In the Poetry Slam project, students are working on word choice, structure, and point of view. Poetry is unique in its expression of intense feelings and ideas.
History: Students are beginning the book An American Plague about the 1793 Yellow Fever Epidemic in Philidelphia.
Panther Time: Students are working on setting goals and following through with plans.
Supporting the health of our students and staff is important for our learning environment. WPMS is committed to the following health practices:
- We will encourage students and staff to wash their hands regularly.
- All WPMS rooms have purifiers with new filters.
- We will encourage staff to keep windows open and fans on for air circulation.
- Masks are welcome.
- Students and staff will be encouraged to physical distance.
- Outdoor classroom spaces will be utilized.
- Regular sanitization of classroom desks and shared materials.