by Corra John
- Born in 1510, near Lacapelle Biron, France.
- Stayed in France throuoght his life
- Traveled around giving lectures on natural history
- Education was mainly science and math. This influenced his career as a scientist and potter
- Palissy gave lectures around France
- Born to a poor family
- Mainly made pottery
- Queen bought Palissy's pottery and in 1958 The Royal Worcester Porcelain Company bought him.
- Focused on classicism, humanism, idealism, and perspectivism as his pottery is based around the "perfect" look of humans and his pieces show elegance and nature.
"Bernard Palissy". Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online.
Encyclopædia Britannica Inc., 2015. Web. 01 Dec. 2015
"Bernard Palissy." Merriam Webster's Biographical Dictionary. Springfield, MA: Merriam-Webster, 1995.Biography in Context. Web. 3 Dec. 2015.
Palissy, Bernard. Dish. 1610. Lead-glazed earthenware. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Palissy, Bernard. Mug. 1632. Tin-glazed earthenware. The Victoria and Albert Museum, England
Palissy, Bernard. Platter. 1575. Lead-glazed earthenware. The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
"Palissy the Potter." Google Image Search. 3 December 2015