End of the Year MTSS/PBIS Updates
Our teams have executed some sweet ideas!
Team Leaders' Achievements
3 summer meetings to build & maintain community
Tier 1- 4 school year meetings covering:
- Keep your teams together
- Support executive functioning skills
- Practice mindfulness
- Increase student engagement
- Incorporate trauma-informed practices
Tier 2- 3 school meetings covering:
- Reviewing the foundational implementation of Check-In/Check-Out (i.e. how to identify students in need of the intervention)
- Virtual Hybrid Implementation of Check-In/Check-Out
- Data collection utilizing Performance Matters
Many, many school-based team meetings, presentations & events to support students, families, and staff
A Special Thank You from the Director of Student Services
As we are nearing the end of an adventure-filled school year, I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude to each of our schools' MTSS/PBIS teams. This year has been full of many challenges with ever-changing rules and routines. I am continually impressed with our school's dedication to creating safe and connected school communities for our students, families, and staff. The creativity and diligence that have occurred this school year are nothing short of incredible. Thank you to all of you for your hard work and commitment to our students. I wish you all a wonderful summer and hope you each have time to rest and recharge.
Reflection Questions to Consider for the 21-22 SY
- What are my values as an educator?
- How is my school organized to support ALL students?
- How can we do things differently and more intentionally next year?
- How can I intentionally promote the involvement of students and families?
Questions for all tier 1 teams:
- How will you increase student and family voice and engagement?
- Do your expectations need a refresh to reflect the values of your community?
How will you identify students? Can you start a working list?
What will your DPR look like?
When will you train staff?
How will you recruit staff?
What materials can you prepare in advance?
What can you do this year, to make future you feel more prepared?
Questions to Consider about School Expectations
Did you know we have a District Level MTSS Team?
- PBIS Culturally Responsive Field Guide: https://assets-global.website-files.com/5d3725188825e071f1670246/6062383b3f8932b212e9c98b_PBIS%20Cultural%20Responsiveness%20Field%20Guide%20v2.pdf
- Principal Academy Professional Development Opportunity PDF: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vZ7JoWXmEhxrG095goptJweZPz-4KJ3nJfD6qkEiZy8/viewform?gxids=7628&edit_requested=true