AUGUST 19 - AUGUST 26
19 - Spirit Shop order deadline for 9/5 delivery
01 - Olson Chick Fil A Spirit Day
05 - Student/Staff Holiday
12 - PTA Chipotle Spirit Day
** Breakfast - Please let your child's teacher know if they plan to purchase a breakfast in the morning. We want to be able to verify that all students make it through the breakfast line.
*During arrival and dismissal, please stay in your car.
*If you arrive after the tardy bell, you will need to come into the school to check-in your child.
*Must have proper ID to check into the building.
*Please send water bottles with your student.
*Mondays - Olson Spirit Wear
*Fridays - Allen, Olson, College Spirit Wear
ATTENDANCE TIPS FROM MRS. ROSALES
When your student is absent there are a few pieces of information we need for our records.
What needs to be included in an absent note:
● Child’s first and last name
● Date(s) the student was absent
● Reason why they were absent
Options to submit absences:
· Preferred Method: Submit absence through Skyward- see graphic below for step-by-step instructions at bottom of page. *Currently, you are not able to submit doctor’s notes in Skyward, so please submit to the office.
· Email our registrar with the information above. Registrar: Terri Rosales firstname.lastname@example.org
· Student may bring a note from home within 3 days of their return to school. If not turned in within the 3-day window, absences will be counted as unexcused.
● Absences due to travel are not excused absences, they are counted as unexcused unless it’s to attend a funeral.
● If a student is absent for illness 5 or more consecutive days, a doctor’s note must be provided for those days to be excused.
● When students come in late to school or check out early due to dentist or doctor appointments please provide a doctor’s note to excuse the partial day absence.
Allen ISD Health & Safety Guidelines
2022-2023 Health and Safety Guidelines - Allen ISD looks forward to welcoming all students back to school for the 2022-2023 school year. The district will continue to monitor the guidance of local, county, and state health agencies to ensure we find an appropriate balance of health and safety procedures that afford us the opportunity to also ensure high levels of student learning. Allen ISD’s health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the 2022-2023 school year are located on the district website. These protocols are subject to change based upon additional Texas Education Agency guidance.
Dress Code Reminders
Dress Code Reminders
- At no time should undergarments be visible.
- Torn or ripped clothing above mid-thigh, where skin is visible, is prohibited.
- Boxer shorts, pajamas, or other sleepwear as outerwear are prohibited - except on approved occasions.
- Tank tops, tube tops, halters, midriffs, backless tops, spaghetti straps, spandex/leotard tops, off the shoulder tops, or low cut tops are prohibited.
- Shirts must be long enough to cover the waistband of pants, skirts, or shorts even when arms are raised over the student’s head.
- Shorts, skirts, tunics, skorts, or dresses must reach mid-thigh or longer.
- Pants must be naturally fitting at the waist and at the crotch. Pants may not sag or bag at the waist or drag on the ground.
- Stretch pants, yoga pants and leggings must be worn with a shirt that covers the undergarment area.
- Hats, caps, bandanas, hoods, visors, or other head coverings are prohibited.
- Religious head wear IS accepted and acknowledged at school.
Contacting the Counselor, Mrs. Oliver
Hi, my name is Nicole Oliver, I am Olson’s School Counselor. I can be reached via phone or email, at 972-562-1800 or Nicole.Oliver@allenisd.org. I am available to students for a variety of needs and they are welcome to see me any time they need. I am also available to help parents. Please reach out to me any time with questions or concerns.
Allen ISD's Character Education Program: Be the ONE
Be the ONE is an initiative to link Allen ISD schools in their efforts towards service learning and character education. The goal of Be the ONE is to create positive gains in the value structure of the students, faculty, parents, and community. This is done through allowing each campus to determine what needs their student population exhibits in the areas that Be the ONE names. Each school will provide a program that is tailored to that campus and successfully fulfills the identified needs. Be the ONE is a common thread between the schools that will demonstrate to the community that Allen schools are working toward a common goal in the areas of service learning and character development.
Activities that qualify as Be the ONE fall under the topics of service learning and character education. These activities are meant to provide direct student experience while being incorporated and aligned with what is already taking place during the school day. The activities that each campus implements promotes a connection between youth and their community, good citizenship habits, enhance self-esteem, building positive relationships, enrich academic performance.
At the start of each month, a new character trait is introduced to students, staff, and parents. Campus counselors incorporate these character traits utilizing various means - guidance lessons, parent newsletters, campus announcements, and campus-wide activities.
Month Character Trait
September - Respect
October - Self-Discipline
November - Citizenship
December - Empathy
January - Determination
April - Positive Attitude
May - Responsibility
Be the ONE shirt are available for purchase. These shirts are to help support the Be the ONE initiative and are for students, staff, and families. Olson will wear their Be the ONE shirts on Thursdays.
The shirts are available in two colors, either heather blue or heather red, which are a Bella+Canvas t-shirt material. (pictured below)
The shirts are available for purchase until Monday, September 5, 2022.
Shirts will be delivered to campus’ by Monday, October 3, 2022.
To order, please select the link(s) below based on size(s) needed:
$13 + taxes and fees
$15 + taxes and fees
$16.50 + taxes and fees
Profits benefit the Allen ISD Counseling Program.
Being a Room Parent is a fun way to volunteer in your child's classroom by helping with class projects and hosting class parties… No experience required!
If you're interested in becoming a Room Parent, please email email@example.com with your name, student's grade, and preferred teacher, and our Room Parent Coordinator, Kris Palmertree, will help you get started.
Spirit Shop Order Deadline: Friday, 8/19
Check out the Spirit Shop! We’ve got vibrant new field trip shirts and a slew of “vintage” options too.
*Note: The PTA orders/delivers Spirit Shop items MONTHLY and distributes purchases to classrooms. Teachers then send them home in your student's backpack.
Any orders placed between 7/8 and 8/19 will be delivered 9/5. Questions/suggestions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your PTA patronage!
OTTER CHEERS - Kindergarten Tears & Cheers
Thanks so much to the PTA Hospitality & Staff Appreciation Coordinators for organizing/setting up a Kindergarten Tears & Cheers event. Happy to report that the leftovers did not go to waste. They were left in the staff lounge for a nice treat on the first Monday back in school! Click here for more Otter Cheers.
Join the PTA & Enter to Win!
Have you entered to win this American Girl Doll or Candy Tree yet?
Just join the PTA before 9/1 here: https://olsonpta.membershiptoolkit.com/packet/2644
Join the Olson PTA on Remind
Join the Olson PTA on Remind to stay up-to-date with all the PTA happenings! Text @olsonpta to 81010
Spirit Event @ Chipotle 9/12
Chipotle is generously donating 33% of proceeds on 9/12/22 from 4-8pm to the Olson PTA! Sign-up for a free Facebook event reminder here.
*Is your business interested in partnering for a Spirit Event?
Please email email@example.com
SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
7:30 - 4:00 M - TH
7:30 - 3:30 F