BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 29: 3/8 - 3/12
Dear Buena Vista Families
We are excited to welcome our TK, K and 1st grade students tomorrow, March 8th 2021! Use sidewalks at all times.
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am. (All students must wear a mask.)
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm. (All students must wear a mask.)
- TK - 1st grade will enter and leave by the gate located near the kindergarten classrooms.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
This newsletter also includes:
- Drop Off and Pick Up information
- PTA Panda Express Fundraiser Flyer March 10, 2021
- Our second recorded music lesson for 3rd to 6th grade provided for students to practice playing recorders at home. All students have a school provided recorder.
- Medical flowchart for in-person instruction.
- Information about Kindergarten registration.
- Information about yearbook, a photo submission process, and ongoing book fair etc.
- YMCA will have an attendant outside to check in kids.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEDURES - TO ENSURE SAFETY FOR ALL
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones in front of the kindergarten gate.
- Do not get down of your vehicle. Students will walk to your car. Just have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below. We have names of students laminated for parent pick up or Students will bring home tomorrow.
- Please do not leave your vehicle unattended in the drive-through lane or in the drop-off/pick-up lane.
- Bus riders will be walked in a line to the bus by staff.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks. Students will walk using side walk all the way to go home.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
- For student safety, do not drop-off or pick-up students in the drive-through lane.
Student name in Window/ Windshield
Display student name for easy pick-up.
School has a laminated copy for each child.
Name displayed will help with pick up
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
- 3/1 - 3/14 Virtual Book Fair see the link below to place your order: https://bookfairs.scholastic.com/bookfairs/cptoolkit/homepage.do?method=homepage&url=buenavistaelementaryschool3
- 3/1 - 3/21 Submit Photographs for Yearbook Deadline
- 4/5 - 4/9 Spring Break
- 4/12 - 4/13 Parent Teacher conferences: (It is the Monday and Tuesday following Spring Break). Please plan for it.
- 4/15 - 4/16 Students return to AM/PM Schedule
- 5/4 - 5/7 TK/K Registration
- 2nd & 3rd grade will start in-person next week Monday, March 15th.
- 4th - 6th will start in-person on march 22nd.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks for in person
- School bus will be available as usual for students who need busing.
- See the attached flyer for the AM/PM schedule.
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #2: FOR 3RD - 6TH GRADE STUDENTS
A message from BV PTA:
Buena Vista Families,
The PTA Executive Board has decided that we will be submitting photographs via the link in the attached flyer. This will ensure we are able to publish a yearbook in a timely manner.
We are requesting you submit a headshot portrait of your child as well as any other fun photographs you may have of them participating in distance learning, sports, reading, and any other special achievements. We would also like to dedicate a page to all the pets who have made this year possible.
Not all photographs may be used base on space limitations of our yearbook. All photos must be submitted no later than March 21st.
The yearbook will be purchased by online order only. There will not be any yearbooks available for purchase at the school, as we have had in previous years.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer R. Vasquez - PTA President
How to Safely Wear and Take Off a Mask
"The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty." -Winston Churchill
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- RESPONSIBLE- Stay on task, follow directions, complete all assignments, take care of personal belongings etc.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- There is a difference between "Not Knowing" and "Not Knowing YET"
- Feedback is a gift.
6TH GRADE FAMILIES: PERMISSION FOR YOUR CHILD TO TAKE THE CALIFORNIA HEALTHY KIDS SURVEY
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.