EHS News Update
WC East High School
December has come and gone in a flash! We had a great month with so many unique, small fun events. What events, you ask? Here is a short list: Our Physics kids singing in the Link, our Jazz Band performing in the Link, our little Vikings singing through the building, staff and students taking part in spirit week, our Student Council playing music in the lobby as staff and students entered the building, wellness activities throughout the past week, the support staff decorating our main office, hot chocolate giveaways, and a black out at a basketball game. East is a unique place grounded in community and caring -it's evident daily. As your family begins the official winter break, I wish you all a restful, fun, family filled time!
Stephen Brown, Principal
East DECA spent Monday the 18th competing in our district competition. We sent 213 students to compete in individual or team event role-play scenarios. The kids came home with 71 awards!
Nearly 400 students from East and Fugett participated in this season's musical winter concerts! The band, choir, and orchestras did an amazing job, and our jazz band even performed a mini concert in our link during Viking Block! Thank you to Mrs. Werner, Mr. Orlando, and Mr. Celfo for their commitment to musical excellence at East!
Senior Alex Chen was chosen as one of two Pennsylvania students as a USSYP delegate! In short, this is a huge honor and speaks to Alex’s accomplishments as a young man! See the first part of the press release and link to additional information (https://ussenateyouth.org/):
“West Chester East High School proudly announces that Alex Chen, a distinguished senior, has been chosen as one of the two Pennsylvania delegates for the prestigious US Senate Youth Program. This achievement reflects not only Chen's academic excellence but also his dedication to public service and passion for creating positive change in his community.”
Student Council hosted pictures and hot chocolate with Santa and raised nearly $300 for the West Chester Food Cupboard!
1. Congratulations to our field hockey team, who made it to states again this year! They lost to a very good team from Palmyra who went to the state finals.
2. Congrats to the following eleven students selected to participate in this year’s PMEA District 12 Band, Choir, and Orchestra festivals!
Andrew Brizick – Choir
Brian Chen – Orchestra
Meghan Cherry – Orchestra
John Fosbenner – Choir
Bryn Gonci – Band
Dinith Halambage – Orchestra
Molly Heumann – Choir
Emily Humphreys – Choir
Sneha Mahadevan – Choir
Elizabeth Mathew – Choir
JJ Stunda – Band
3. Phone-free Friday (November 3rd) was a great success! Students were challenged to keep their phones away and engage in good old-fashioned conversation during their lunch period.
4. Lyla Flowers, Annalise Kubasko, and Olivia Sokol (East Juniors and DECA members) held a 5K on November 12th where they raised over $8000 to benefit the Eagles Autism Foundation!
5. Caroline Finnin and Ava Peruto spent their Saturday morning collecting more than 130 bags of clothes and seven bikes. The funds raised from their efforts were donated to Home of the Sparrow -nearly $500!
6. The winter sports season starts next week! Season passes are available -see the link below.
7. Congratulations to the cast and crew of The Play That Goes Wrong! More than 40 students took part in creating an awesome weekend of performances. I'm not sure I've heard so much laughter from the audience of one of our plays -it was funny and the kids did an amazing job. Special thanks to Mr. Swiggett and East senior Sofie Daniszewski who directed the performance!
Thank you for your continued support!
Student Rights And Responsibilities
Principal: Dr. Stephen Brown 9th grade email@example.comAP: Mrs. Sarah Graham 10th grade firstname.lastname@example.org
AP: Ms. Abbigail Dougherty 11th grade email@example.com
AP: Mr. Sean Ryan 102h grade firstname.lastname@example.org
AD: Mr. Ryan Zehren email@example.com
Main Office: Mary Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendance Office: Claire Campbell email@example.com
Guidance Office: Libbery Morrissey firstname.lastname@example.org
S. Yvonne Setlock 484-266-3931
Case Load: Grades 9-12 / Alphabet A - Da
Joe Michetti 484-266-3929
Case Load: Grades 9-12 / Alphabet De - He
Lauren Otto 484-266-3930
Case Load: Grades 9-12 / Alphabet Hi-Ma
Kelly Camp 484-266-3928
Case Load: Grades 9-12 / Alphabet Mc-Rol
Lauren Alexander 484-266-3932
Case Load: Grades 9-12 / Alphabet Rom-Z