Scale A Teacher
- Connected with the community.
- Created a fluid transition and maintain continuity of care for students in Room 4.
- Introduced digital assessment to provide instant feedback for both the teacher and students.
- Shared previous teaching experience of collaborative teaching with staff.
- Creating individual needs based programmes for chn.
Job Share Scale A Teacher
- Trained in Restorative Practice and implemented daily.
- Completed extensive professional development in future teaching practices. Including collaborative teaching, teaching as inquiry teams using spiral inquiry, attending a Think Forward conference, and google apps training.
- Established and worked in a collaborative teaching environment.
- Carried out professional development on creating and maintaining healthy and positive working environments.
- Use of solo taxonomy.
- Use of daily five/ daily cafe.
West Acton Primary School, London
Reception and Year 1 Teacher
- Implemented an e-Learning platform for children and parents to reinforce learning outside of the classroom.
- Lead teacher for the implementation of Fronter, an online learning tool and presented at the Ealing Borough Learning to Learn conference.
- Initiated and lead parent/teacher evenings to promote the value of parent involvement in school programmes.
- Ran literacy, ICT and numeracy workshops for parents to give them the skills to reinforce learning at home.
- Was the lead teacher for Year One which involved strategic planning and implementation of curriculum changes.
- Lifted the overall standard of literacy for the year group by creating and delivering a successful integrated needs based programme.
Orchard Infant, London
Reception Position – Long term Reliever
- Taught a class of 30 four and five year old children.
- Due to large proportion of ESOL children I planned and integrated a range of language rich activities to improve their English while valuing their own culture.
- Introduced a numbers and letters programme that helped new learners take their first steps in literacy.
North Ealing Primary, London
- Led the team which involved planning and delegating work for our nursery nurses.
- Wrote and produced an Easter production for the nursery department outside of normal school hours.
Year 1-8 Day-to-day relieving, London
- Used a range of behaviour management skills that are required when teaching at inner city schools in London.
- Taught at special needs schools for autism and worked one-on-one with an autistic child delivering speech and language therapy.
Papanui Primary, Christchurch
Year 1 & 2 – Beginning teacher
- Justified, planned and reflected on teaching and learning, using current learning theory.
- Involved in school-wide activities such as curriculum leader for Art, Junior School Production and aerobics fitness club.
Personal strengths and interests