The Goose Goes Google
Who has an account?
All staff have 2 GCCISD Google Accounts, one using the @student.gccisd.net domain and one using the @gccisd.net domain.
Why do staff members have 2 accounts?
For staff to staff file sharing, it is suggested you use the @gccisd.net account.
CAUTION: Some Google Apps and/or features may work in one domain and not the other.
- For example:
Google+, Talk, Hangouts, & Blogger will not work on your @student.gccisd.net account.
Gmail & Google Classroom will not work on your @gccisd.net account.
What can I access with my account?
- Elementary & Junior School students - Have access to Gmail but are only able to email @student.gccisd.net accounts and receive emails from approved domains (apple.com, prezi.com, etc.)
- High School students - Have access to Gmail and are able to email any email address.
Google Drive - Access to Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawing, and MORE!
Google Scholar - Search scholarly papers, save articles and citations to your account.
Google News - Search news stories and save personalized settings.
Staff GCCISD Google Account
- Email = Your first name followed by a period followed by your last name followed by @student.gccisd.net OR @gccisd.net depending on which domain you are logging into.
NOTE: Some staff have the same name as others, watch the video below to find out your primary email address and what to use before the @ symbol.
Example: My @gccisd.net email address is firstname.lastname@example.org so my @student.gccisd.net account will be email@example.com and my @gccisd.net account will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Default Password = Your password should be the same as your computer login password.
- NOTE: Your password will be changed whenever your computer login password is updated.
Student GCCISD Google Account Login Information
- Email = first 3 letters of the first name followed by the last name followed by the last 3 digits of student ID # followed by @student.gccisd.net
- Password = birthday in MMDDYYYY format