Tech Tip Tuesday!
Use GOOGLE SPREADSHEET as a virtual Copy Machine!
Important to Know: Only works in Spreadsheets and students/others must have Google Accounts
The SOLUTION (but I have STEP by STEP instructions below.)
1. Create a spreadsheet. (This only works with spreadsheet - not with documents, BUT you can add any passages into a spreadsheet.)
2. Change the sharing option to "anyone with the link."
3. Add"&newcopy" to the end of the link to share.
4. When you share the appended URL, it FORCES students to make a copy!
Here are the STEP by STEP instructions (Not as hard as it looks)
3. Click the "Share" button in the upper right corner of the page.
4. Click "Change."
5. In the sharing setting window, click the "Anyone with the link."
7. Copy the provided URL.
Apply the "trick"
or use this SUPER cool tool!
2. Paste the link you copied from Step 7 above.
3. NOW...HERE's the TRICK!: Add the following WITHOUT QUOTATION MARKS to the end of the URL: "&newcopy"
4. Use the provided buttons to make the shortened URL.
5. Provide the shortened URL to students.
6. When the students enter the URL , they will see:
(If they have not logged into their Google Accounts, they will be prompted to do so."
8. Voila! They have a copy.
TRY IT! Click the link below to see an example of this in action. Remember, it ONLY works if you have a Google Account.
Use the method above to easily give students their own copy of the following:
- List their goals
- Ways they have used the 7 habits
- Math problems to solve
- Study guides
- Class notes on any topics
- Examples of exemplary work
- Respond to specific passages (who, what, where, when, why, and how)
- Story starters
- List of web resources for everyone
- Individual grade book template
- Journal template
- Vocabulary words
- Business letter template
- A resume template
and many, many more ideas that you may think to add!