St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin-February 11, 2018
SEASON OF LENT
Lent begins with Ash Wednesday and ends on Holy Thursday. On the evening of Holy Thursday the Sacred Triduum beings. The 40 days of Lent correspond to the 40 days that Jesus spent in the wilderness to fast, pray, and endure the temptations of the devil, all in preparation for his public ministry which would culminate in his death on the cross. Lent is also a special time of prayer, penance, sacrifice and good works in preparation of the celebration of Easter. The entire season of Lent is a penitential season. The liturgical color for Lent is purple to show that it is a special time of penance. Our February theme here at St. Patrick is "Into the Wilderness" focusing on the season of Lent.
As directed by the Archdiocese.....
In respect of Ash Wednesday (a universal day of fast and abstinence) falling on February 14th this year, any Valentines Day festivities planned for our classes will be celebrated on February 13th.
- Monday 12th Olympic Games Day & Assembly 12:45 pm
- Tuesday 13th Valentines Day class celebration(s)
- Tuesday 13th Shrove Tuesday- Pancakes provided by School Council
- Wednesday 14th Ash Wednesday Liturgy 1 pm in Gym
- Wednesday 14th Gr. 4 B-ball @ Jack Stuart 3:30 pm
- Thursday 15th Jump Rope for Heart event
- Friday 16th PD Day-No School
- Monday 19th Family Day-No School
- 20th-23rd 1B/1D Swimming 1:15pm
- Wednesday 21st Gr. 4 B-ball vs Jack Stuart (@St. Pat's) 3:30 pm
- Thursday 22nd School Council Mtg 7 pm
- Friday 23rd Hot Lunch- Panago
- Saturday 24th Gr. 4 B-ball Tournament @ St. Pat's 9 am
- Monday 26th 1B/1D Swimming 1:15pm
- Tuesday 27th Gr. 4's Hockey Hooky @ Roger's Place
- Wednesday 28th Pink Shirt Day
MAKER SPACE MATERIAL DONATIONS
paper tubes- paper towel and toilet paper
electronics that can be taken apart- e.g. remote controls, hard drives, computer keyboards
Thanks for having a look!