Week of 6.5.2023
Principal's Weekly Message
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
I can't believe this week is our last full one for the 22-23 school year! A few shout-outs from last week...
Thank you to Mrs. Devito for all her hard work with the art show. If you were able to stop by I am sure you were amazed at the awesome talent of our students. I am fascinated by their work, dedication, and the fun they have while doing it. Thank you to Mrs. Devito for sharing her love of art with our students! Shout to H&S, Mr. Roger, Ms. Reitz, and Mr. Moretski for their help with our spring movie night! We had many families come out to enjoy the movie and snacks! Thank you for making this event possible. Thanks also to our 6th Grade Committee for a fun end-of-year picnic for our students. Everyone had a great time!
This week our students will participate in Book Bash. Every grade will have the opportunity to be outside for an hour, "purchase" books, and enjoy Kona Ice. Thanks to Mrs. Cohen and Mrs. Welch for organizing this event and to H&S for donating your time to help! On Friday, we look forward to our 1st Grade Writing Celebration and 6th Grade Greek Festival! We will also have our 6th Grade v. Staff Kickball game, and Mrs. Cohen has organized an "Under the Tree Assembly" for our students! The week of 6/12 we look forward to our 6th Grade Awards Assembly and the last day of school for our students. We will follow a regular early dismissal schedule on this day.
This will be our last newsletter until August when we welcome our families back to school! I'd like to take a quick moment to thank you again for welcoming me to Hatfield Elementary as your principal. These last few months have been an awesome experience for me and I look forward to next year and the amazing things to come. I wish you and your families a wonderful, restful, and safe summer and we look forward to seeing you in August.
Have a great week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
- Kinder registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- NP High School Renovation Video: See the amazing video, created by Mr. Gillmer, by clicking on this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYJm1SnGZiM
- This is a friendly reminder that if you drop your child off in the morning, you must use the parking lot by the playground. The car drop off line ensures the safety of our students. Please do not drop your child off in the bus lot. Also, please remember we are no longer using door #3 (old car rider door) for arrival. Students who utilized that door should now enter from the main entrance doors. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
VP Special Events - We are looking for a parent(s) to chair our Special Events board position. This person will be responsible for gathering a Committee for each event and ensuring all action items are met for a successful event. This position can be one person or it can be shared with another as Co-VPs.
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
This week's staff spotlight is on Mrs. Bernard. Mrs. Bernard is one of our first grade teachers and has been with Hatfield for four years. She is currently a graduate student at Wilkes University, majoring in Literacy. Mrs. Bernard is married to her wonderful husband, Alex. Both are completely obsessed with their toy sized golden doodle, Penny. When Mr. and Mrs. Bernard aren’t with Penny, they love to travel and try new restaurants and explore new places! When asked what she loves about Hatfield, Mrs. Bernard’s response is the people!
She feels Hatfield has a sense of love and belonging for both staff and students and there’s no other place like it!
- If your child rides a bike to school, PLEASE remind them that they must wear a helmet. We are noticing that more and more students are not wearing one and of course, their safety is our concern. Thank you for your help with this.
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at email@example.com OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.