Yard Supervisor Memo
May 9th - May 13th
Teacher Appreciation Week was an Award Winning Event!!
5/9- Staff Voice- Meet in Anna Johnson's room at 3:15
5/9- Dragon Zone Family Fun Night in the dining hall- 4:30-6:30
5/10 -5/20 - CAASPP Testing Window
5/10- PTO Meeting- 6:00 in the library, LVCS Council Meeting- 7:00 in the dining hall
5/11- Meet and greet with Ms. Burnside and Mrs. Lloyd- 6:00
5/11- Town Hall- 7:00 PM in the dining hall
5/12- TVLC Board Meeting- 7:00 in hte dining hall
5/13 - Student Birthday Celebration K 11:45AM, 1-8 2:30PM
WE ARE TESTING WARRIORS!
0 WEEKS UNTIL CAASPP TESTING!!! Testing is going to be a SLAM DUNK!
*Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have ANY questions regarding administering the tests. *
**Important: please do NOT assign any homework during testing**
**Students are allowed to chew gum during the tests**
***Remember: Students need to be logged OUT of their google accounts in order to access the secure browser (which can be found on the bottom left corner of the home screen under "apps".***
****When in doubt, hit PLUS (+): When selecting the test you want to give, please remember to keep hitting the + sign until you find the SPECIFIC grade level CAT test or performance task that you need.****
LOCKDOWN –In the case of a lockdown, lock the door, close the blinds, students should get under their desks\ facing away from the windows. Teachers should log into their LVCS email accounts for further directions.
ARE YOUR EMERGENCY PROCEDURES INCLUDING EPI PEN DIRECTIONS, YARD DUTY & OTHER MEDICAL DIRECTIONS IN YOUR SUB PLANS? If not, please do not delay – do this immediately.
CLASSROOM EMERGENCY KITS: You should have a clip board with multiple copies of your roster for all of your classes and a pen/pencil. You should also have a large cylinder in your room that has emergency provisions, first aid and a bright colored vest. PLEASE MOVE THESE LARGE EMERGENCY KITS NEXT TO YOUR DOOR. In the case of an emergency, they need to be easily accessible.
Fire/Evacuation Drills: Please put multiple copies of your class roster and a pen in your emergency kit. In the event of a drill or emergency, please evacuate your class. PUT YOUR BRIGHT COLORED VEST ON WHILE EXITING (it is located inside your emergency kit) Students should evacuate silently LEAVING DOORS UNLOCKED and line up (see map).YOU DO NOT NEED TO CARRY YOUR LARGE EMERGENCY CYLINDER OUT DURING A DRILL! YOU DO NEED TO TAKE THE VEST OUT AND WEAR IT.
Teacher should then take attendance, Teacher will then hold up:
Fist: ALL HERE (if a child was marked absent that morning, and you have the other 19, you still hold up a fist)
1 Finger: A child is missing because they went to the restroom or speech etc.
2 Fingers: A child is missing and you do not know where they are.
Earthquake Drills: Lights off, blinds closed, doors closed, students under desk in kneeling position heads down. Hands over neck, face down. Teachers either under their desk or in doorway. Only evacuate if directed to by main office.
SHELTER IN PLACE: If inside:
1. Keep students in classrooms pending further instructions.
2. Secure and lock all doors
3. Close all windows and close shades
4. Account for all students – call the office if you have children from other classrooms in your room.
5. Do not allow anyone to leave the secure room until ALL CLEAR message is received.
6. Students should take their seats and lessons can continue.
7. Passing periods and lunch should be disregarded until SHELTER IN PLACE has concluded.
1. Move indoors
SHELTER IN PLACE DURING MORNING DROP OFF : The procedures will be the same as above AND WE WILL:
1. WE WILL LOCK THE TOP VALET GATE.
2. WE WILL DIRECT ALL CARS CURRENTLY IN THE VALET LANE TO CONTINUE DRIVING OFF CAMPUS AND WAIT FOR A NTI MESSAGE COMMUNICATING THE ALL CLEAR
LOCKDOWN: If inside:
1. Secure and lock all doors
2. Students should be silent.
3. Students should hide, limit visibility from doors and windows.
4. Close all windows and close shades
5. Account for all students – email the office if you have children from other classrooms in your room.
6. Do not allow anyone to leave the secure room until ALL CLEAR message is received.
7. Log in to your emails.
1. Move indoors
2. Secure and lock all doors
3. Students should be silent.
4. Students should hide, limit visibility from doors and windows.
5. Close all windows and close shades
6. Account for all students – email the office if you have children from other classrooms in your room.
7. Do not allow anyone to leave the secure room until ALL CLEAR message is received.
8. Log in to your emails
Buddy Lunch - yard duties, Mr. Kenn, Mr. Malstead, Jackie and Jessica C., Annie, Terri and Stephanie P.
Marci, Shelly, Amanda W., Candace, and Nancy- Meeting with Amanda and Kelly after school to coordinate CAASPP testing student sccommodations
1st and 4th grade teams- Interviews
Amy and Hilary- Coordinating Alameda County Fair student artwork
Susan- Coordinating the Science Expo and Science Club
Heidi- Jumprope for Heart
2nd grade- Mother's Day Tea
Asa, Heather S., Bryan- Disneyland trip
Dragon Zone- Being flexible with space
5th grade- great job kickstarting CAASPP testing
Jenna B., Deb- Rocking out their 1st week in their classrooms
Laura- CEO hiring Committee
Dan, John- Coaching Spring sports
Muriel, Jen W., Anna- School Council
Middle School- School Spirit!!!
Kindergarten- Kinder Valet
SAVE THE DATES
5/10 -5/20 - MS CAASPP Testing Window
5/12- Middle School PE- Diabolo Fest
5/17-18 Spring Musical
5/20- Jump-a-Thon Day!
5/20 School Performance of the musical 8:15 (K, 5th - 8th) 12:45 (1 - 4)
5/22 Junior Olympics
5/24 Spring Music Concert
5/24 Dragon Assembly
5/24 SHORT STAFF MEETING 3:15-4:15PM
5/25 Open House/Science Expo
5/26 Read a Thon Winner Pizza & Dance Party
5/31 LVCP Theatrical Presentation 10:30 AM
*Spanish 5th grade field trips will be on:
May 23rd (Monday) - Ms Waltner
May 24th (Tuesday) - Ms. Albornoz
May 25th (Monday)- Mrs. Morris
May 26th(Tuesday) - Mrs. Parisella
May 31st (Monday) - Mrs. Wafler
6/1 MS Leadership Assembly
6/2 Dragon Assembly 8;30AM (TK - 5)
6/2 Perfect Attendance ALL YEAR celebration
6/3 End of the Year BBQ & Step Up Dance 5th-8th
6/8 Volunteer Tea
6/10 June & July Student Birthday Celebration K 11:45AM, 1-8 2:30PM
6/13 Clap it Out Parade for 8th Graders 1:40 (Grades 1 - 7 should make signs congratulating the 8th graders).
6/13 – 8th Grade vs. Staff Dodge Ball Game
6/14 - 8th Grade Pool Party
6/15 - Promotion 5pm
6/16 - Kinder Celebration 10AM
6/16 - Last Day of School – Early Release