Hawk Happenings Newsletter
August 2020 UPDATE
Update your contact information!
This year we have made a Google Form for you to use to record this information. Please follow this link and complete the questions. https://forms.gle/Xokmqcsx75XDnV868
Thank you in advance for your time!
Virtual Meet Your Teacher - Thursday, August 13
Choose between repeat sessions - join your child's teacher at 8:15 - 9:00 AM OR 9:15 - 10:00 AM
Zoom Links - These links are confidential and for WvES Families ONLY! Do NOT post these on social media. The same link will work for BOTH sessions.
Zoom Links - Zoom links taken out in order to share on social media and website.
Student Device Information
Second and Fourth Grade Students:
- If your child is a 2nd grader, then he/she will use the iPad they had from WPS. They should bring this charged device with them to school the week of August 17 if they are a Remote Hybrid (Week A/Week B) learner.
- If your child is a 4th grader, then he/she will use the laptop they had from WvES last year. They should bring this charged device with them to school the week of August 17 if they are a Remote Hybrid (Week A/Week B) learner.
Third Grade Students (Remote ONLY):
- If your child is a 3rd grader AND a Remote Only learner, then please bring back the iPad and charger, and hotspot (if you had one) on Wednesday, August 12 or Thursday, August 13 - anytime between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Please park in a visitor spot and walk to the main entrance.
- Face mask guidelines and physical distancing guidelines should be followed.
- Staff members will take back your old device and check out a new laptop to your child. Students will need to log in while on campus so this may take up to 20 minutes or so.
Third Grade Students (Remote Hybrid - Week A/Week B):
- Your child will be given a laptop on their first day of school the week of August 17th.
- You do NOT need to come by on Wednesday, August 12 or Thursday, August 13 as mentioned above.
- If you would like to come by and turn in your child's iPad, charger and hotspot (if you had one), then that is fine but we will NOT give your child a laptop.
- Please do not turn in your iPad on Wednesday or Thursday unless you have another device to use to participate in the Meet Your Teacher Zoom on Thursday morning.
If you need a medication form for your doctor to complete, please call the main office.
School Nutrition Feeding Information
- Please note that even though students are eating free the first week, we still need you to complete the Free or Reduced Lunch application!
August 17 - August 20: students who are Remote Only or at home on the 'off' day for Remote Hybrid will have the opportunity to pick up lunch at our school 11 AM and 12 noon.
August 21 - All BCS Schools will serve Curbside Meal between 10:30 and 12:00 noon.
Starting on Monday, August 24 - elementary students will pick up lunch (and breakfast for the following day) curbside at NBHS between 11 AM and 12 noon.
Remote Hybrid students (Week A/Week B students) should bring a backpack, water bottle and a charged BCS device (if you have one) to school on their first day of school!
Student Material Pickup Date - Friday, August 21
Here are the dates for our first pick-up session. Please note if your child is on campus the week of school (August 17 - 20) these materials will be sent home with your child so you don't need to come to these dates.
Friday, August 21, 2020
- 2nd Grade - 9:45-11:45 AM
- 3rd Grade - 1:00-3:00 PM
- 4th Grade - 7:30-9:30 AM
Please use the bus circle to pull up to the main entrance and someone will bring the materials to your car.
The Leader in Me Habit Leaders at Home
Habit Leaders at Home
We strive to recognize students in a variety of ways. When students demonstrate the Leader in Me habits at home/outside of school, we like to know about it! Please use this form to submit a short story and photos about how your child is living the 7 Habits in his/her life outside of school.
Support Weaverville Elementary when you shop!
Make sure to link your Ingles Advantage Card to Weaverville Elementary! This has to be done EVERY year! Share this link with your family and friends too!
Box Tops is changing to fit today's families. The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state-of-the-art technology to scan your store receipt, find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to your school's earnings online.
Use Amazon Smile and designate your purchases to support Weaverville PTO! https://smile.amazon.com/
School Improvement Team
Our School Improvement Team is the decision-making team of our school. In order to ensure that we have all stakeholders represented on the team, we have two parent representatives on the team. The parents listed in the survey below have volunteered to serve on this team for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please vote on a parent representative to represent you on this team. If you would like to write in a candidate, please use the 'Other' line but make sure that they are willing to serve! A special thanks to these parents who are willing to volunteer their time to improve our school!