Our Five Senses
Kindergarten Science Lesson on Senses
Day 1- Introduction
- Students will be able to name their five senses (hearing, taste, touch, smell and sight)
- Students will be able to identify multiple physical properties.
- With prompt and support students will read through the short story “My Five Senses”.
Day 2-6 Unit Plan
- Students will identify what foods are salty, sweet and sour.
- Students will identify the food characteristic and draw and write the foods tasted on a worksheet.
- Students will classify objects by the texture of how they feel.
- Students will identify these objects through coloring and writing.
- Students will make the connection between our nose and smell.
7. Students will find similarities and differences in humans and animals use of smell.
8. Students will use small motor skills to find, cut, and paste items they can smell from magazines.
9. Students will classify properties of items by color and shape.
10. Student will engage in actively listening to group reading.
11.Students will identify at least four different shapes by drawing the correct amount of sides. 12. Students will identify shapes in nature.
13. Students will identify sounds (happy, sad, dangerous, and warning).
14. Students will complete a worksheet identifying the sounds they heard through drawing and writing.