The Wildcat Weekly
Volume 1 Issue 7
October 8, 2021
Calendar of Events
Saturday, October 9 March on Litter @ Dilts Park 8:30am-11:30am
Mon, Oct 11-Fri, Oct 15 Book Fair (more info to follow)
Wednesday, October 13 Book Fair Family Night 6pm-8pm
Tuesday, October 19 BOE Meeting 7pm @ Performing Arts Room
Wednesday, October 20 PiE Meeting @ 7pm in the Performing Arts Room
March on Litter
Date: Friday, October 29, 2021
Costume Information for students in PK, Kdg, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, AND NOW 4th:
Students should bring a costume to school that is easy to put on over their clothes. Teachers will communicate with HR parents about needing assistance with helping the students get dressed.
Please consider safety and developmental appropriateness when choosing a costume for your child. If he/she is wearing a mask, make sure he/she can see well enough to walk safely. Check that costumes do not trail on the ground. Students must still wear their face masks in the building.
Our students should not wear or bring a toy weapon of any kind as part of their costume, such as plastic guns, swords, knives, etc.
Avoid any costumes that drip fake blood or that would cause fear for younger DTS peers.
Parade Route Information:
Family and friends are invited to view our parade outside along the perimeter of the bus line.
To view the parade, please click the attached map. The parade will begin at the side of the building near the playgrounds. will walk past the front of the building, around the Middle School parking lot, and enter back into the building through the gym doors.
Class parties will take place after the parade.
We are limiting the number of parent volunteers in the classroom. 1-3 HR parents will be permitted to come in to assist with helping the children get dressed and/or set up the class party.
Homeroom parents/teachers will be reaching out to volunteer parents who wish to provide snacks. Please only send in individually-wrapped snacks for the students, and healthy options are ideal!
Unfortunately, we do not have enough room to invite any extra guests to the classroom parties, including younger siblings.
While we continue to advise parents to keep sick children home according to
NJ Department of Health guidelines, we want to re-commit to making sure
students attend in-person learning when they can.
Our goal this year is to ensure that every student attends school as regularly as possible.
Our DTS Scholastic Book Fair is here!!
All students will be visiting the Book Fair throughout the week.
Don't forget to come to our Book Fair Family Night
Wednesday, October 13 from 6-8pm!
DTS is hiring!
Delaware Township School District is seeking to fill the following vacancies:
- Substitute teachers
- Substitute Nurse
- Part-time Paraprofessionals.
Applying to be a substitute teacher is one way that our families
can be a tremendous support to our school!
Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.
Click the picture below for more resources from Senora Griffith!
Delaware Township School is proud to offer many athletic opportunities
for students in Grades 5-8.
Below are our sports schedules for the Fall season.
Click on each sport for a schedule of games.
Booster Vaccination Clinics
The Hunterdon County Department of Health is running a booster clinic
for the Pfizer COVID-19 booster vaccine. At this time only the people that received
two doses of the Pfizer vaccine are eligible.
PiE (Partners in Education) is an all-volunteer, community organization that supports enrichment opportunities for school age residents in the community of Delaware Township. Check out our website to learn more and get involved (www.dtspie.com)!
We Need VOLUNTEERS for the Book Fair!
- The Scholastic Book Fair will be held the week of October 11th - 15th in the DTS Library. Students will be able to shop with their classes at designated times through out the week & families will be invited to shop the evening of Wednesday, October 13th. We will once again offer the popular e-Wallet process, which will eliminate the need to send in cash & checks. We will also have the online Book Fair continuing to run through October 19th. Look for more information to come via email & your homeroom partners.
If you are able to volunteer, please sign up for time slots using this link:
Look for information on a Family Night during the Book Fair
Wednesday, 10/13 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Ways to support PiE
- Shoprite Gift Cards: When you purchase ShopRite gift cards through our program, 5% comes back to DTS PiE and you get the FULL FACE VALUE of the card. Link to more information.
- Program Fee: This allows PiE to only do passive fundraising and not burden parents with multiple fundraising volunteer hours or financial asks throughout the year. This also went out in the First Day of School packet so thanks to those who have already sent their payments. If you haven’t, please send in as soon as possible.
Upcoming PiE activities
- Next meeting Wednesday, 10/20/2021 – 7 p.m. in the Performing Arts Room. Other meetings this year will be 11/17/21, 1/19/22, 2/16/22, 3/16/22, 4/27/22 & 5/18/22.
- Day at Federal Twist Vineyard – Oct. 10th – PiE will set up a tent with some snacks as well as a cash 50/50 raffle. Buy your tickets (needed for anyone over the age of 21) on your own at the vineyard’s website (https://www.federaltwistvineyard.com/events/) and swing by to meet other PiE and school community members.
- PiE’s anticipated Calendar of Events in on the website. Please take a look and if there is anything you’d like to help with, please reach out!!!
- Spirit Wear will be on sale the middle of October. More information to come!
Maschio's Food Services
DTS Learning Garden
The Board of Education is pleased to announce that the outdoor Learning Garden is up and running! Thanks to the efforts of Girl Scout troop 81295, Eagle Scout Liam Gillooly, and many community members and DTS staff, the Garden is ready for class visits. Teachers have been invited to schedule lessons at the Garden, and a manual is being developed that describes the Garden’s components, provides lesson plans, and gives suggestions on how to use the Garden in various curriculums. Down the road, professional development and training will be offered to staff, and we encourage our DTS families to visit this wonderful outdoor learning space.
The Board of Education is pleased to announce that it has adopted a district Sustainability Policy. The policy was adopted on September 14 and is one of the requirements the District must meet in order to receive the Sustainable Jersey School certification. The policy includes a recognition of responsible environmental stewardship, a definition of sustainability, and a listing of priorities and target areas through which the District expects to fulfill its obligations under the policy. Target areas will include endorsing Sustainability in the new Strategic Plan, implementing climate friendly actions in our school, promoting renewable energy production and energy savings, and educating students, parents and our community on the impact of global climate change. The policy will be posted on the District website.
What's Happening Around Town?
- 10/9: March on Litter @ Dilts Park 8:30-11:30am
Girls on the Run
Register today for Girls on the Run in Delaware Township!
Girls on the Run is a program for girls in 3rd - 5th grade that encourages girls to recognize their individual strengths and celebrate connections with others. Girls also make a meaningful contribution to their community through a team-organized Community Impact Project. Physical activity is woven into the program to inspire an appreciation for fitness and healthy habits, and teach life skills including treating others with care, practicing gratitude, and managing emotions. Each season culminates with a Girls on the Run 5k event. This celebratory, non-competitive event provides girls with a sense of accomplishment and instills the value of goal-setting at a young age.
In Delaware Township, we'll be meeting after school Wednesdays and Thursdays, 3:15 - 4:30, starting 9/29, ending 11/18. There will be a regional 5k event on Saturday 11/13. Hope you can join coaches Benincasa, Burns and Jepsen!
REGISTER HERE: https://www.gotrhunterdon.org/Register-Now
The Wildcat Weekly is published every Friday.
In cases where it is a shortened week, the publication date may be adjusted.
If you would like something published in the newsletter, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by each Tuesday at 3:30pm. Please include the length of time you'd like your information to be in the newsletter.
All submissions must be approved by the school administration
before being included in the newsletter.