"I Hear America Singing"
By Walt Whitman
- Was the second son of Walter Whitman
- Had nine different siblings
- Taught himself to print at the age of nine
- First job was being a printer in New York
- The company burnt down making the owner of the company go bankrupt
- He contributed to patients he nursed
- He was sending money to his widowed mother
- He also gave money to friends
- One of his poems are "GoodBye, My Fancy"
- Another is "Passage to India"And one final one is "Drum Taps"
- Founded the newspaper called the Long IslanderFounded the book with 12 no name poems
- Along with a very famous poet Emily Dickenson, he is considered to be on of Americas most important poets
- His Death was on March 26th 1892
Alabama - Forty Hour Week (For A Livin')
How the song relates to the poem
The song relates to the poem by having like a mechanic singing and how everyone is happy to be an american