Room 12 News
January 12-January 25, 2016
- Ice skating (using paper plates)
- Making ice skates
- Story Map of Tacky The Penguin
- Snowflake patterning
- Shaving cream snowman
- Umbrella color code
- U maze
- Rainbow addition
- U and R Bingo
In Social Studies, we will begin our study of different types of homes. We will start by taking a look at the homes we live in. We will read A House is a House for Me and Homes Around the World. Some of the centers will include:
- House pin punch
- Building houses with Legos, Lincoln Logs, and blocks
- Making houses out of brown paper bags
In Science, we will begin our study of fabric. We will explore and discuss the origin of fabric as well as different types of fabric.
Events & Reminders
Thursday, January 14
- Parent Perks with Dr. Liss and Dr. Thomas at 8:30 a.m.
Friday, January 15
- Hootenanny- Pre-K PM 12:30-1:00
Monday, January 18
- Martin Luther King Day - No School
Tuesday, January 19
- Admission Playdate- NO SCHOOL FOR EC
- Night Light classes will be offered today
Friday, January 22
- Observation 2:00-2:30 PM (Music)
Monday, January 25
- Observation 9:00-9:30 AM (P.E.) and 1:00-1:30 PM (P.E.)
- Dolores Evans Speaker Series: Catherine Steiner-Adair, 7:00 p.m. (Author ofThe Big Disconnect: Protecting Childhood and Family Relationships in the Digital Age.)
Thursday, January 28
- PreK PM Parent lunch
Tuesday, February 2
- Observation 9:00-9:30 AM (P.E.)
Tuesday, February 9
- Valentine's Day Celebration (more info to follow)
Wednesday, February 10 and Thursday, February 11
- Conference Days
Friday, February 12 and Monday, February 15
- NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, February 16
- Science Night at the Perot 5:00-6:30
Students should wear their Lamplighter t-shirts (helps with security)
Ask your child about...
- Different sports played in the winter.
- Where penguins live.
- Snowflakes - if any two are the same.